ID:2063743

Resolved
Areas could be garbage collected too early, causing the server to think the client still knew about them.
BYOND Version:510.1336
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 49.0.2623.110
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: http://puu.sh/o46zc/5935b5fdb9.png I've noticed that these black spots have been appearing a lot since perhaps .1333. The void turf appears in new areas of the game, and will disappear once you enter that area. In the screenshot my character is facing the 'Coastal Meadows' area, for example.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Log into Severed World. Walk directly south from the first town's spawnpoint to the 'Coastal Meadows' area.
This did not happen in the "Region1" project I was sent. Do you have a way of reproducing it in that portion of the project?
Hm, that should do the trick. Maybe it can't be reproduced 100% of the time then... I know that I frequently see them when facing new areas (http://puu.sh/o6gMW/94a5169062.png) on the server but I'm not sure if that's much help to you.
If you can manage a way to reproduce this in the Region1 project, please let me know. Or if it can only happen in the main project, I can retry that way even though it's a pain. (A new copy of the source would probably be best, so I'm working with the latest.) One thing you might consider is simply adding a debug command with a key binding so that the intro can be skipped wholesale instead of having to press Z over and over--maybe Alt+Z? That would still allow me to use the regular game while getting past the intro hassle-free.
Any movement on this? I looked at the new Region1 for the renderer crash, but the void patches still haven't happened for me.

I thought I was onto something when I saw the cave icons didn't update properly, but that was because AlignTotal() was being called on a 6-second delay in the game code. (The autotiling code, BTW, really needs revamping.)

[edit]
Whoa, I got this to happen! It happened when I walked down to the coastal area and then came back up north.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Areas could be garbage collected too early, causing the server to think the client still knew about them.