ID:2064775

Resolved
Icon offset parameters were incorrect for objects grouped with a PLANE_MASTER, in some cases.
BYOND Version:510.1336
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 49.0.2623.110
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
the params icon-x and icon-y of planes are bleeding through when clicking on turfs despite mouse opacity being set to 0

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
turf
DblClick(location,control,params)
var/list/parameters = params2list(params)
var/icon_x = text2num(parameters["icon-x"])
var/icon_y = text2num(parameters["icon-y"])
world<<"icon-x value: [icon_x] icon-y value: [icon_y]"
master_plane
plane = 0
appearance_flags = PLANE_MASTER //causes the issue
mouse_opacity = 0
mob
var
master_plane/master_plane
Login()
..()
master_plane = new(loc=src)
src << master_plane

Expected Results: mouse opacity be respected causing icon-x and icon-y value being between 1 and 32

Actual Results: icon-x and icon-y values are way off returning numbers as high as 300

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds: give the turf your clicking on a higher plane value

Another thing, not sure if it's a bug but when I set the players appearance flag to keep together using this the plane becomes invisible for some reason and opacity/the default icon turns white
Because your image isn't actually on another plane, it's subject to KEEP_TOGETHER. You should add KEEP_APART to the image if you want to make sure it's never bundled into the KEEP_TOGETHER group. If it's on another plane, it automatically acts as though it has KEEP_APART.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I couldn't reproduce this with either a screen object or an image as the plane master. As long as mouse_opacity is 0, it behaves correctly in my tests.

If you have a project that shows this issue in action, please send me a demo.
http://www.filedropper.com/lightingtestsrc

its just an edited version of nadrews lighting demo
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Icon offset parameters were incorrect for objects grouped with a PLANE_MASTER, in some cases.
Lighting Test, the go-to for 510 bugs since 2016.