Land of Fire

by Pixelcomet
Land of Fire
An atmospheric, anime inspired role playing game.
ID:2065485

Hey guys, back again with another weekly update on the game's rise to completion!

I'd like you to meet Luke Ford, our newest member of the team who's been handling music + sound. He and I have been working closely on bringing the game's scenes to life! He's done a phenomenal job at creating a track and sound effects to the campfire scene. He's done everything from the cracking flames to the slight shuffle between portraits. Check out this video!

More work will be put into this scene and others as we continue bringing them to life and allowing everything to come together. I can't wait to see how it'll all play out!

I decided to get the friend's list system in this week. While it is low priority, it is definitely one of those systems I'm glad managed to make their way in, as I should be able to use this as foundation for further social list management systems such as guilds or party windows.

You will be able to see a friend's Rank + location using this, as well as chat with them and invite them to parties from the distance.

Meanwhile, Zane and SulLight have been tackling one of the more lore impactful scene's for LoF. As much as I'd like to further explain this one, I think it'd be better to just let your minds wander for now!

"Ah.. you did well. With this, as promised, we will end this horrible war."

Zane has also been documenting some ideas on how we can expand our development tools even further! With plans to expand our current mapper utility and AI nodes that will allow the team to create and edit custom enemies at any given time. With Event Scripting, the team members will be able to create live Events any time in game, removing the need to hard code them.

With LoF's lore starting to become clear, SulLight will begin working on the game's creatures.
Here's a few sketches he made today!

And this happened...

That'll be all for this week. Thanks to all who have been keeping up with and supporting the project! While there's still very much to do, everything is slowly coming together. We love to hear your feedback so don't be shy!

See you next week!
Very impressed. Maybe we can share some ideas sometime, love the concept you chose, usually wouldn't see features like todays Shinobi games. Keep it up guys ++!
I seriously cannot wait to get my paws on this. Keep up the beautiful work guys.
In response to HaxRp
HaxRp wrote:
Very impressed. Maybe we can share some ideas sometime, love the concept you chose, usually wouldn't see features like todays Shinobi games. Keep it up guys ++!

Yea, we're really trying to push the game in all fields. The concept is something that has been molded (and still being molded) for months now so we're glad people are taking a liking to it so far.

Manio wrote:
I seriously cannot wait to get my paws on this. Keep up the beautiful work guys.

Thanks a lot! I myself can't wait to see how everything plays out in the end.
the things with the chains reminds me of sort of like subconscious stage they did in DMC lol dope.
It's reassuring to have positive feedback as we move further and further away from our source of inspiration.
gotta love the art in that game
Great as always.

Is the games atmosphere going to be dark? Most of your recent artworks seems to be based on darker colours.

Im curious about the number of villages/nations that are going to be in the game /(already are).
However, I would really prefer less factions so that every village can have a decent number of ninjas.
In response to Shellfisch
i think the dark color looks nice
For this particular area we were going for a dark and unsettling atmosphere. For the prologue/ tutorial we decided the best way to teach the player how to play the game while having the best chance of keeping their attention was to immediately toss them into the action.

As for villages, as we move away from what originally inspired us we all decided we'd remove canon material and locations. For the most part we plan to have two main factions.

I hope that looking in a new direction doesn't mean that a roleplaying server is out of the picture. (Though I'll be playing either way, <3)
In response to Captain Blue jr
Captain Blue jr wrote:
I hope that looking in a new direction doesn't mean that a roleplaying server is out of the picture. (Though I'll be playing either way, <3)

The role playing server will still be in effect, no worries. More details about how this will be handled will be revealed as we near closer to release.
crazy
nice bro im loving the environment and i love how it seems so dark