ID:2068821

Resolved
Regular expressions can now be used for find/replace in the code editor. A "whole word" option has also been added.
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Could you allow for regex to be included in the find/replace dialogue? As it stands, if you have something like the following,
#define BAR(x)     ((x)*(x))
#define FOOBAR(x) ((x)*(x)*(x))

And you want to prefix them all to something (say, switch them to pBAR and pFOOBAR) you end up having to do it manually, as otherwise you'll end up with FOOpBAR no matter how you try and do it automatically.
This looks doable; I'll mainly just have to expose the regex stuff from byondcore.dll so it can be used in byondwin.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Regular expressions can now be used for find/replace in the code editor. A "whole word" option has also been added.
Sorry if I shouldn't be posting here...

How does this Regular Expression function work? Using PIF's examples, I still end up with pBAR and FOOpBAR; what am I doing wrong?
If you want to prefix BAR and FOOBAR with p, then you would do something like this:

Find expression (regex, case-sensitive, whole word): ([A-Z]*BAR)
Replace expression: p$1

Another possible find expression is (BAR|FOOBAR).

If you turn off the whole-word option, you'll have to use the \b word-break assertion yourself. The whole-word option with regular expressions basically just adds \b to the beginning and end of the expression.