ID:20772

http://www.compusmart.com/ Default.aspx?SearchSubmitted=True&Cat=1543&ResultsPage=52

Biggest and most expenisve piece of ram I've ever seen!

Fricken Crazy. Thats like buying an older computer being charged for $5K or over. XD (They were really expensive back then)
I think that sort of thing is for the big companies that actually might use all of that memory, and those are the guys who have that kind of money to spend...

Much in the same way many software suites are running for thousands of dollars... They're certainly not worth that much, but there are large, faceless corporations that will see a huge price tag, and think that it means quality... They're more likely to throw 5 grand at a program instead of the other one that does the same thing for only 100 bucks ("it can't work well if it's that cheap!")
That RAM will only work in a server box, too. There's not a PC motherboard avaliable that could handle it. The RAM itself is very high quality, very quick speed and all that fun stuff.

Also, that's not 1 16GB stick, it's 4 4GB sticks.
You can get a computer cheaper with that much ram and know it will work.

* Two 3.0GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
* 16GB (8 x 2GB)
* 500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
* NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB, Stereo 3D (2 x dual-link DVI)
* One 16x SuperDrive
* Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse - U.S. English
* Mac OS X - U.S. English

12,049.00$

But still it's not worth it.
I have yet to see a normal personal computer motherboard that can hold 8 RAM sticks of that speed and size.
I have yet to see a normal personal computer motherboard that can hold 8 RAM sticks of that speed and size WHO USES MAC OS.