Quarantine

by PaperClip Productions
Quarantine
Fight alone or with your friends against a never ending army of infected. Can you survive?
ID:2079905

Hello BYOND! I've release Quarantine v3 for public play and download.

Here's whats new:

CHANGED
- HUD icons updated/Various icon enhancements
- Character selection menu updated
- Shop menu updated (CREDIT: ACWraith)
- Double click item in inventory to drop
- Disabled Streaks/Medals on 'Easy' mode
- Kill streaks/sprees require more kills than before
- Infected are now harder to kill

FIXED
- Game not restarting properly after defeat
- Weapon firing bugs
- Crawler zombies now affect legs(movement is not yet slowed)
- Zombies have increased health/strength on harder modes
- Players can now shoot over barrells
- Misc. Runtime errors

ADDED
- 'Kills' hud tracker
- "Lives' hud tracker
- Hell Hounds
- Round 7 are Hell Hounds only!
- Power control, parts spawn at Round 3
- Security Cameras
- Barricades can now be repaired

REMOVED
- Bullet icon

NEXT ON THE LIST
- Zombies with weapons
- Bosses
- Player/Zombie movement icons
- Melee weapons
- More power controlled objects
- More weapons
- More maps

Leave your feedback and any bugs you find!
I had already made a bug report here. Unfortunately, you don't have the feature request enabled so I'll have to leave my suggestions here.

1. Move away from skin controls and use on-screen objects, having skin controls mixed in with on-screen objects clashes quite a bit.
  2. There's currently no way to know how much ammo I actually have. I can reload a few times, then I'm out. I wasn't aware of that until I was out of ammo.
  3. When you try to reload without any ammo remaining, the output displays "No Ammo!" but when I try to shoot, it's displayed as on-screen text. For the sake of consistency, pick one or the other.
  4. In a solo game, it's unlikely someone is going to revive me when I go down. So I have to sit through being attacked until I'm dead. Unless there's a perk to revive yourself, can you make respawn and game over happen once you go down?
  5. Speaking of respawn, you start with no ammunition. You should probably, at the very least, start with the default amount of ammunition for the secondary weapon.
  6. Add more BGM, such as music for the actual gameplay -- the current music sounds more appropriate for the main menu at best.
  7. Speaking of audio, sound effects would be nice. Guns being fired, being attacked, zombies making noises, and so on. Make the game feel alive. Half the time I didn't know I was firing my gun until I heard the reload sound.

Edit:
  1. When I hover over myself with the mouse it displays my information ( name and money ), but I already have that information displayed via HUD. It seems to be used for multiplayer purposes, so I think you shouldn't be able to "target" yourself for display.
Nick my boy, is that you? <3
thats impressive and keep up with the good work
Welcome back :)
In response to Lige
Lige wrote:
I had already made a bug report here. Unfortunately, you don't have the feature request enabled so I'll have to leave my suggestions here.

1. Move away from skin controls and use on-screen objects, having skin controls mixed in with on-screen objects clashes quite a bit.
  2. There's currently no way to know how much ammo I actually have. I can reload a few times, then I'm out. I wasn't aware of that until I was out of ammo.
  3. When you try to reload without any ammo remaining, the output displays "No Ammo!" but when I try to shoot, it's displayed as on-screen text. For the sake of consistency, pick one or the other.
  4. In a solo game, it's unlikely someone is going to revive me when I go down. So I have to sit through being attacked until I'm dead. Unless there's a perk to revive yourself, can you make respawn and game over happen once you go down?
  5. Speaking of respawn, you start with no ammunition. You should probably, at the very least, start with the default amount of ammunition for the secondary weapon.
  6. Add more BGM, such as music for the actual gameplay -- the current music sounds more appropriate for the main menu at best.
  7. Speaking of audio, sound effects would be nice. Guns being fired, being attacked, zombies making noises, and so on. Make the game feel alive. Half the time I didn't know I was firing my gun until I heard the reload sound.

Edit:
  1. When I hover over myself with the mouse it displays my information ( name and money ), but I already have that information displayed via HUD. It seems to be used for multiplayer purposes, so I think you shouldn't be able to "target" yourself for display.

I used a mixture of interface and on-screen objects simply for efficiency and so it wouldn't bog down gameplay, and I do plan on adding a 'mag' display to show how many clips you have remaining.

I wasn't aware the output displayed no ammo, this will be fixed with the next patch!

That's a good idea having the option of no last stand, perhaps an option for the host to disable it?

You do start out with the full amount of ammunition for the pistol and any guns you purchase, although if you die midround and respawn- your weapon setup stays the same including your ammo count.

Music is a thing thats further down the list, my current computer has blown out speakers and the only way for me to add audio is to use my rinky-dink laptop. So I've been putting it off as long as possible.

Thanks for the feedback!
In response to Kozuma3
Rushnut wrote:
Nick my boy, is that you? <3

Yeah bud lol

Alienx26 wrote:
thats impressive and keep up with the good work

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed.

Kozuma3 wrote:
Welcome back :)

Thanks!