ID:2080363

(See the best response by GreatPirateEra.)

Problem description: Hey there. Are there any iconning or pixel art tutorials for byond on byond? I remember seeing a brief tutorial by Falacy but it was more of a basic/introductory tutorial on how to make icon files and how to use features like color swapping. What I refer to are more "advanced" tutorials or tips on how to improve creating icons, and how to make them not look so ugly and un-proportioned.

Thanks.

Wrong forums m8.
Best response
But here
Wow that's a lot of tutorials. Some are definitely not tutorials, but thanks man. I appreciate it.
Quick piece of advice. Don't work with the DMI editor unless it's for formatting the DMI itself or doing global color swapping. Drawing in the DMI editor is a waste of time, because the tools are just not very good.

Mucking with your animations and state structure? Totally your only option.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
But here

Unfortunately it looks like most of those links are dead :[
http://opengameart.org/content/les-forges-pixel-art-course

This is what I'm reading at the moment in my downtime.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
:(
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Quick piece of advice. Don't work with the DMI editor unless it's for formatting the DMI itself or doing global color swapping. Drawing in the DMI editor is a waste of time, because the tools are just not very good.

Mucking with your animations and state structure? Totally your only option.

Where do you suggest I draw icons, Ter13?

And Red Hall Dev, thank you for the link. I did a little glance and it look helpful. I appreciate it.
Where do you suggest I draw icons, Ter13?

I use mspaint. Seriously.

I use other tools for different jobs.

I use photoshop for managing larger/more complex palettes, and I use some custom tools I wrote in DM for dealing with batches of sprite sheets for things like resizing sprites' canvases for the purpose of drawing overlays.