ID:2082645

Hey guys been slowly messing around with platformer mobs & I've been watching Dragon ball Super recently so here they are:

http://i65.tinypic.com/167lah0.png

(Click the image for a better picture)

My intentions were to attempt to make the Dragon ball Characters in order but like every artists know it's kinda hard when you have your favourite characters and stuff huh? lol

So give me your honest opinions and whatever C&C you may have and I'll continue posting more Dragon Ball characters to the list aha :P

-Gold
http://i66.tinypic.com/2j4bq8l.png
Kid Gohan looks like a badass. Yamcha looks really cool as well.
Haha thanks (:
Is it sad that I know who pretty much all those are? Look good though :)
In response to Flick
Nah. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people, or at least guys, who've watched a TV in the past 30 years, know DBZ characters.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Is it sad that I know who pretty much all those are? Look good though :)

Thanks and I'm pretty sure most people know most if not all the dragon ball characters like he just said :P
Most people weren't 30 when DBZ showed up on American TV... I wound up watching it with my sons and their friends multiple times. I've probably seen every DBZ episode a half dozen times, a lot of Dragonball, and a fair number of GT episodes (which were bad, even for this). If they would have cut out all the grunting and posing and shortened everything by about half, a lot of it wouldn't have been too bad. Man could those guys grunt...
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
If they would have cut out all the grunting and posing and shortened everything by about half, a lot of it wouldn't have been too bad.

Yeah, but grunting and posing are cheap ways to pad out a 30 minute episode so you can have a billion episodes per season.

In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Most people weren't 30 when DBZ showed up on American TV

What I meant was it's been 30 years since DBZ aired. Most of the world's population that has turned on a TV since then, have probably watched DBZ. But yeah, DBZ is insanely dragged out. Half of an episode is just them charging an attack.
a lot of Dragonball

Dragonball > Dragonball Z > Dragonball GT.

Seriously, the original dragonball is amazing even by today's standards.

The sprites are solid, Gold. Like usual, you are smashing it. I envy the control you have over hands at the pixel level.
Dragon ball > Dragon ball Z > Dragon ball GT > Dragon ball Super O:

and thanks Ter :)
Man, this stuff is amazing!
Great work man!
aha thanks man :)
In response to Gold94
Gold94 wrote:
Dragon ball > Dragon ball Z > Dragon ball GT > Dragon ball Super O:

and thanks Ter :)

I would definitely place Super higher than GT...
This is really awesome, good work Gold
In response to Kitsueki
Kitsueki wrote:
This is really awesome, good work Gold

Thanks appreciate it :)
Dope stuff.

Out of curiousity, are you actually working on anything? Or are these simply made for the fun of it?
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
Dope stuff.

Out of curiousity, are you actually working on anything? Or are these simply made for the fun of it?

My original intention was to make them for fun then I got ideas about making a platform Dragon ball game but I'd require more artists than just myself due to the large amount of characters and animations that would need to be done & it's unfortunate because a majority of artists are only interested in making art for money
In response to Gold94
It is unfortunate, but I do understand everyone has a mouth(s) to feed at the end of the day.

I do have to say though: I think it's a shame you don't have your name attached to anything significant [that I've seen]. Soundz and I have been working on something lowkey that I think you may find interest in. We're close to an initial open alpha phase but still taking our time. Please don't hesitate to hit me up via pager if there's more you want to know.

Good fortune to you.
Page: 1 2