Land of Fire

by Pixelcomet
Land of Fire
An atmospheric, anime inspired role playing game.
ID:2086299

Hello again! I apologize for the late post this week, we were caught up with preparing classes.

This week I'd like to introduce Wards.

Wards are a group of individuals who harness inner power and unleash it as devastating attacks from a distance. This class is essentially a mage class. Wards are able to mold their chakra into any of the five elements giving them a wide range of tactics to employ.

Wards are weaker physically than fighters but make up for their lack of physique with their devastating ranged attacks.

Wards are spiritually attuned to the world more than other classes. This often leads to wards being followed around by Spirits. These spirits are normally harmless but they quickly grow and change depending on who they're following. A type of symbiotic relationship is formed. The seishin protects the person they are linked to in return for being able to continue feeding on the spiritual energies of the person.

Seishin's vary most of the time but one thing that is consistent between them is how their form changes depending on the type of chakra they get from the "host" Gameplay wise, a ward's abilties will stem from their seishin.

This is the charged attack

Below is a diagram explaining how a Ward's techniques work. These are not necessarily the order in which techniques are used, this just gives an example of how they perform.

Now here's a piece I'm really excited to share. SulLight has decided to recreate how the Yokai boss scene in the tutorial area is going to be played out. This is what he has so far -

If you're wondering why this scene is being remade, the best way I can put it at this late an hour without poorly explaining it, is just compare it to why we remade the combat system. While this is on a much smaller scale in terms of the analogy, we believe every piece of interaction the player has with the game counts, and if we can make something better than it is, then we should.

Next week we'll be showcasing wards in action with either gifs or videos, most likely of the PvP variety. See you next week!
What an amazing artist, beautiful scene.
That's phenomenal work fellas but you may want to be careful, if that huge boss is going to be animated you may be underestimating the amount of work. Then again idk what your work process is but I'd recommend you to leave something of this magnitude into later in the game, rather than as an intro boss. That way it has a bit of a build up and if you put something this big right away how much work is the next boss going to take?

also: those ice animations are so clean and crisp, i really like what you've done with your attack skills
Hahaha yes indeed (@Exentriks) that is actually the reason why i recreated the scene, the last animation i made for the "boss" ended up being way to much work. And thank you for your tip!! : D

p.s. the reason why boss is in "" its because its just a scene and not an actual boss fight, just wanted to clarify that.
i have no idea how the actual boss fight will play out, but thats for later.
epic last picture looks like its gonna be a epic boss battle
In response to Alienx26
It's just a scene, not an actual boss fight.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Exentriks Gaming wrote:
also: those ice animations are so clean and crisp, i really like what you've done with your attack skills

It's actually not ice, ice will look a lot more solid, but I can definitely see why you could say it looks like ice. Most MMOs pull the particle effects for ice bolts the way it's shown here. It's actually compressed chakra being focused into a bolt.
Is there any way we can combine our spiritual prowess with physical combat, getting mid-range combat? what I mean is, covering our body in chakra from an element. This would make it possible to have burning punches/kicks and also low range fire skills; the same being true for any other element. This would preferably give us unique abilities to further diversify our choices of combat.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Is there any way we can combine our spiritual prowess with physical combat, getting mid-range combat? what I mean is, covering our body in chakra from an element. This would make it possible to have burning punches/kicks and also low range fire skills. The same being true for any other element. This would preferably give them unique abilities to further diversify our choices of combat.

Absolutely! I'm not entirely sure on the details or to which class that would apply to, Zane could go into more detail on that one. However, I know Wards can infuse their elemental Chakras into their basic attacks, giving them unique effects. You'll get to see that in action next week.
Alright, so this is the third time I've written this, thanks to BYOND logging me out whenever my fucking internet connection changes(CHANGE THIS SHIT LUMMOX, IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME ON MOBILE DATA.)

Anyways, on to my point:

Have you guys thought of putting a limit on the amount of elements you can turn your chakra into? I have a suggestion for you :)

You should only be able to get 2 basic elements, eventually being able to combine them into one, more powerful element, once you've gained mastery of both elements. I.e earth+fire=lava, water+air=ice, earth+air=sand, fire+air=lightning? these elements will be superior to basic elements, but not overwhelmingly so. Also, I'm sure this has already been planned, but there should be elemental advantages between each element.

You can play around with this system a lot and think of clever ways of getting something like darkness.
Assuming you even want to have more elements, of course.
yes but it might be
In response to Alienx26
wut
im saying that huge enemy would be an epic boss battle
update
I Thought elements..... were things that we chose at the beginning of the game..
and as we get stronger, unlock... I didn't think it was a tree for a class.
Elements are practically available to everyone, however each class uses chakra differently and for wards that means long range techniques. They're practically mages in a sense.
but arent certain elemental jutsu automatically long range ? Just tryin to understand, i'm not against any ideas.
One thing I do have to say I love about the way you guys design your skills. Effectivity and leveling up the ones you want/need will increase the size/damage/functionality, WHICH IS GREAT. That way no two characters are the same, Because I might decide to skip specific moves I consider unnecessary for my build.
Well yes. We aren't typically using naruto jutsu as source material so techniques are different while keeping the inheret characteristics we all love in Naruto. For example. Our second class is more akin to the traditional ninja. They spit fire from their mouth and perform handsigns for certain actions.

Wards on the other hand are more like mages or shamans. They have a lot more going for them in terms of long range abilities. A key difference is that ward's literally have a ranged basic attack in the form of a skill shot. They're entire kit revolves around keeping enemies at bay and striking from a distance.
Page: 1 2