ID:2091507

(See the best response by FKI.)
Hello, I am making a game based in some animes but with another idea ,how I know if my game will have a copyright problem? I'm making some colthes of toriko anime and naruto would this be a reason for copyright?
You need to read up on the basics of copyright, because from what you're saying it's clear you don't have any understanding of it whatsoever. A quick summary, though, is that any copyrighted IP (i.e., almost all contemporary media) will be in violation of copyright laws (guilty of copyright infringement) unless it licensed from the rightsholder. For something like Naruto, that's going to involve a substantial exchange of money.
Best response
To cover all your bases, you could have clothing that looks similar to Naruto's jumpsuit and call it "Orange Jumpsuit". Nowhere would you directly reference Naruto.

It's unlikely you would get in any trouble doing this as long as you make an effort not to blatantly copy/use someone else's works. You can draw influence from different sources, but not rip them off.
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
To cover all your bases, you could have clothing that looks similar to Naruto's jumpsuit and call it "Orange Jumpsuit". Nowhere would you directly reference Naruto.

But better still would be not to go anywhere near that same look, and do something different, even if the gameplay mechanics are heavily influenced by the concepts in that franchise.

A good question to ask yourself is which elements of your inspirations are most interesting to you, and how you can build an original concept around elements similar to them. For instance, is it a matter of marshaling cosmic forces to use as energy weapons (or spells)? Is it about learning different fighting techniques and mastering them? Is there a theme of multiple dimensions/worlds, life vs. death, elemental magic? What are those things, and how can you write something new around them?

Pretty much every high fantasy artist since the 1950s has written something with elves and dwarves and orcs and whatnot. They're not ripping off Tolkien even though he laid the path, because 1) all of those mythical creatures hail from older concepts, and 2) they're all putting their own unique spins on them.

Take that approach, and then make sure your game looks nothing strongly like any of the sources that inspired you. Make something that's its own thing, unique and very much your own.
Ohh I see thanks that helped me a lot.
There has a lot fans of anime on Byond, could I make like a anime suit changing the color to lighter and addeing some details? Or it is rip?
There has a lot fans of anime on Byond

Don't target the people that are already here. There aren't enough of them to worry about. Make something that will bring people here.
In response to Czoaf
Czoaf wrote:
There has a lot fans of anime on Byond, could I make like a anime suit changing the color to lighter and addeing some details? Or it is rip?

That to me is the wrong question. The question you should ask is: Is that thinking far enough outside of the box?

You can take a concept in any direction. Matrix-style trenchcoats. Western sci-fi a la Firefly. Cyberpunk, steampunk, even just plain punk. Medieval knights. Cavemen. Noir. Superheroes. Mermaids.

With all these options and so many others open to you, why simply take a way-too-familiar look and make a few surface tweaks? Such a direction is super iffy when it comes to the copyright question, and it's a waste of your own potential as a developer.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
There has a lot fans of anime on Byond

Don't target the people that are already here. There aren't enough of them to worry about. Make something that will bring people here.

Hopefully that changes their focus.
In response to Xirre
Bad Euler diagram. BYOND is not a subset of Steam, but there is a subset of games in BYOND that are also on Steam.
*circles extremely not to scale.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
*circles extremely not to scale.

I wanted to write that. But felt that people would obviously figure that part out. The image was just to bring up the fact that BYOND smaller in comparison to Steam. If you want to get more serious about it then BYOND could be referred to as a peanut whereas Steam is an elephant.

The point is, you have a much larger audience on Steam and other platforms.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
But felt that people would obviously figure that part out.

The fact that you had to make that guide in the first place should show you that that statement is wrong.