ID:2093576

Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
So in response to the recent hurdle I've run into as to how many particles can be drawn at once, I've decided to turn to javascript for my particles. So far so good, only problem is opacity isn't showing correctly, because this happens:

The background is DS map, the BYOND logo is a particle rendered in a browser on top of the DS map.

With BLEND_ADD and the works enabled for windows, I can set the background color to black instead, and possibly proceed with this particle system.
Windows has horrible window transparency support, I really double this is possible.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not Feasible)
Transparent controls over the map really don't work. And two different windows would have the problem that Windows doesn't really support a blend mode for the window itself.

To deal with your particle woes I'd go with Ter's suggestion of trying to combine multiple particles into a single icon. Particle systems are chaotic as a rule, so a group of particles with the same movement and transform isn't going to look bad if it's done well, and if it's among other such particle groups.
You can give the webclient a try and use a canvas.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
You can give the webclient a try and use a canvas.

Yep. That's what I would do. Some knowledge with CSS3 is required to make it work over the map, but isn't difficult to pull off.

That is something I used for the InOut ScreenWeb Library.
How is the transparency support for Windows 10? Does anyone know?
Better, but not to the degree where it would be useful. Not that it would matter unless you cut off support for all but Windows 10 users (which is a tiny market share right now)