im supposed to be in bed BUT IM TOO BUSY GETTIN TURNT TO THE BIEBZ

TURN DOWN FOR WAT
WORDS ARE VERY

UNNECESSARY

THEY CAN ONLY DO HAAAAAARM.

Ok, I just found my new favorite Asian rappers.

Dude. This has to be the most lit song of 2016 lol.

Jay Park is gonna have to turn up a few notches to keep up with this frfr. This beta male shit ain't gonna cut it.

Been on a bit of an odd bent this week.
Gotta keep this thread going my dudes,my bad I never replied back to any of your sharing. I was unable to and never go to it,but here I go now.

@empirez,I've heard bits of BOBBY from IKON but I unfortunately didn't like that song much. Just seems to poppy a fuse imo. But still look foward to see what that artist has to release.

As for what's got me lately umm

Of Mice & Men

I found this bit of a new sound take on them interesting and to be some of their best stuff yet. A nu metal sound is dope.

Chris Webby

Been alot into this guy,he's got a lot of content I like. His flow and style is overall appealing to me and has slowly been becoming one of my favorites.

Hopsin

I've been digging every single hopsin been dropping.Although this was uploaded two weeks ago it's sick,the beat and lyrics slam.

$uicideboy$

Still all time favorite since I found out about them,this single dropped for their new ep/tape releasing on 9/11. RIP.

Anyways,thanks for those who share. Always open to hear new music.
This week I rediscovered how talented Childish Gambino is. He's the only person to rap about Socrates, Sweet'N Low, and pH balance all in the same verse... while shooting a music video in his underwear at a diner.

I've been headbanging recently.

( song begins 1:18, and yes that's a black vocalist )

\m/
You post fire from the gods but not their best song? D:

Glass Animals is always good.

Death Grips

Dance Gavin Dance (as always)

Nuages

I don't like Excuse Me because I can't understand everything that's being said. If I can't understand half of what's being said in a song, there needs to be:

- A very good bridge/solo. For example, I don't like Afterlife by Avenged Sevenfold. I don't like the verses, the chorus is awful, but dude, that solo gives me life. That solo is worth being played at my funeral.

Starts at 3:57. Excuse Me doesn't have a bridge/solo that makes up for the fact I have to Google "Excuse Me lyrics" to know what he said. Hence why I linked End Transmission - all the lyrics are easily understood and it's just a better song in general ( even down to the video ).

- A really good instrumental. Machines by Crown the Empire has screaming parts where I don't know what's being said. However, literally everything else about the song is top notch - especially the instrumental, so I can deal with the 15-16 seconds of screaming.

The instrumental in Excuse Me is a 5 out of 10. Not good enough to make me excuse the vocals ( see what I did there brah? ). Even if I liked the delivery of the vocals, I'm huge on instrumental too, so in this case I probably still wouldn't have liked the song had he not screamed. Meh.

tl;dr basically excuse me is a shit song, deal with it, fight me irl if u dont agree with me ill even buy you a plane ticket
lol, Empirez. Avenged Sevenfold and Crown the Empire were two of my main bands during my angsty emo kid days in high school.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
lol, Empirez. Avenged Sevenfold and Crown the Empire were two of my main bands during my angsty emo kid days in high school.

NEW THEME: POST ALL THE SONGS YOU HAD ON REPEAT IN HIGH SCHOOL.

First off, I was a Lil Wayne fanatic in high school. Actually, after this, I'm probably going to listen to Da Drought 3 and Carter 3 just for the nostalgia trip.

I was also a big Three Days Grace fan. Still a fan of their music but I don't listen to nearly as much of it.

The next band needs no introduction and if you don't like them you are nothing to me so eject yourself from my life pls ty. They are my all time favorite and if I was thrown into solitary confinement and the guards told me I could only listen to two albums during my time imprisoned, I would say "bring me Hybrid Theory and Meteora".

Though my favorite song by them is not in either of those two albums. I like how concise Given Up is. It's straight to the point, there's not a lot of fancy shit or overly meaningful lyrics, just full on anger and negativity, then the build up to the climax is just Chester sustaining a scream for 17 seconds, it's just beautiful. Also I really like how the song begins with just the sound of people clapping, it's so simple yet genius at the same time. It seems like they just woke up one day and didn't feel like putting a ton of effort into a song, so they were like "okay, you just start clapping, you guys do whatever you want on guitar and drums, I'll talk about misery or whatever and then scream for 17 seconds straight and we'll see where this goes" and just effortlessly made something worth listening to anyway.

Fun fact: I discovered LP after hearing a midi version of In The End someone had uploaded to Icon Ultima. Also, that remix of Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence I linked a few posts up was done by Mike Shinoda.
When I was in high school, you had to record the same song over and over onto a cassette tape to do that... :P
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
When I was in high school, you had to record the same song over and over onto a cassette tape to do that... :P

They had cassettes back in the 1800s? That's news to me.
In response to EmpirezTeam

Though my favorite song by them is not in either of those two albums. I like how concise Given Up is. It's straight to the point, there's not a lot of fancy shit or overly meaningful lyrics, just full on anger and negativity, then the build up to the climax is just Chester sustaining a scream for 17 seconds, it's just beautiful. Also I really like how the song begins with just the sound of people clapping, it's so simple yet genius at the same time. It seems like they just woke up one day and didn't feel like putting a ton of effort into a song, so they were like "okay, you just start clapping, you guys do whatever you want on guitar and drums, I'll talk about misery or whatever and then scream for 17 seconds straight and we'll see where this goes" and just effortlessly made something worth listening to anyway.
That song got 15yo kumo so pumped. I was a huge LP fanatic and Given Up and Bleed It Out were my favorites. Hybrid Theory has their best work, though.

Fun fact: I discovered LP after hearing a midi version of In The End someone had uploaded to Icon Ultima.

You weren't cool unless you had that really dope One_Winged_Angel.mid file of Sephiroth's theme.
The love for music is great, nice to see all this progression. I still love to check byond here and there for the projects going on and threads some.

Dance Gavin Dances, "Mothership" was great right? I know I enjoyed it.
Back in the day, Linkin park and three days grace, rip. I'll still be listening to them here and there.
Also Crown the empire's Fallout is still good imo, and there best.

Anyways I'm just gonna post various of what i've been hooked on and really enjoy general.

Chiodos

These guys have been around forever and officially just have been stated broken up despise the departure of many members gradually. Probably my favorite band overall from lyricism to the song structures and melodies, all the instrumental and so. Just amazing,and I love the vocalist's pitch and range, his screams are different yet I love.

badXchannels

Craig Owen's new band/project, "badXchannels". I love craig and will follow where ever he goes with music production, he was in Chiodos,DRUGS, and various other projects. Which I all enjoyed very much. This band's debut ep just released yesterday and already enjoying.

Emarosa

Emarosa is just great and amazing as always, I really enjoyed,"131" and look forward to more of their future content. This was one of the songs I really enjoyed off the album as well.

Fat Nick

I really enjoy this guy general and been a lot into him. Just is simply appealing of a sound and vocal to me. Waiting for his future releases.

RAMIREZ

Ramirez is pretty interesting and similar to $uicideboys, this was one of this newest song releases and I love the instrumental and vocals.

Dumbfounded

Dumb just released a free mixtape under,"We might Die" and I personally think it was his best work to date and loved it. Hoping he produces more music soon.

Attila

Attila is overall just pretty random at times haha and yea,but the release of CHAOS had some of their best work imo,and pretty good riffs and so fourth here. This was one of my favorite probably.

GHOSTMANE

He's something alright, really liked this song a lot and would like to hear more similiar to it or sound wise from him, also have heard and enjoyed some of his other content.

Fall of Troy

Fall of Troy is something when they get down to their riffs, anyways these guys are pretty interesting and awesome. The lead singer was in chiodos for their last album produced.

I don't know, that's about it haha. Just sharing music general and what i've been listening to here and there. Always listening to new artist when possible and switching around here and there on sounds and so.

Lol Kumo, just now realizing you linked that nuages video. I saw that video a while back and I love that speech at the beginning of the song. It actually makes a ton of sense.

We always go through life wanting whatever we don't have. One of the things pretty much everyone wishes they had was the power of God - to be able to snap our fingers and alter reality on a whim. What I got out of that speech is that even if that were possible, we would continuously alter reality over and over until we brought ourselves to a point where it would've all become boring and we would desire a challenge. We wouldn't want the world in its entirety to be at our fingertips. We would want to experience randomness and struggles. Rather than knowing what tomorrow holds, we would want it to be a complete mystery.

Basically, if we were all gods, we would want to be humans but because we're all humans, we think we all want to be gods. Perhaps what makes life amazing is our powerlessness. That there really is no cosmic force looking out for good people and punishing those who do evil. The fact that our deaths are inevitable and after we're gone, we're never coming back. These are the things we moan and gripe about, yet they serve to keep our world interesting and purposeful. Like Trump winning the presidency. A lot of people viewed his victory as "the beginning of the end", but he's given a lot of young people a purpose. Sure, they're stupid for vandalizing buildings and burning the flag but the bigger picture here is that they have something to work towards or fight for now. If Clinton had won, they'd still be sitting in front of their computers playing Minecraft. Now they have a reason to get up every morning and have their voices heard and it's all because they feel it's their responsibility to defeat a truly sinister world leader. Something evil, unfortunate, and out of their control has given their life new meaning. Similar to how the Nexus gave my life meaning.

I mean, we're all gamers here. We value challenges more than most so we should be able to understand this. You don't get satisfaction when you beat a video game after using cheat codes. You get satisfaction when you play the game on the hardest difficulty possible and after several hundred deaths, you finally beat the last boss with only 10 HP left and take a sigh of relief. Activating "god mode" in real life is what we think we want, but it's not really what we want. Simply put, you typically can't truly appreciate something you didn't have to work for.

Ok we can go back to talking about rock bands and stuff now.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11