Ah, I see. I did know about the algebraic way of solving it, but I totally forgot about it. I have an idea that I'm going to play around with later in terms of visibility now.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
I think you can do it without the artifacts and without the jitter.
Darkcampainger made a playable demo with raycasted shadows a while back (although a recent update to the behavior of plane masters broke the demo)

I'm not sure if his only works with horizontal + vertical lines only. The way I've set mine up works with line segments of any size and any angle.

It's kind of arbitrary if the lines are axis-aligned or not. The math is still the same.

I'm 100% certain that with the algorithm you've mentioned earlier, you can get an implementation with zero jitter and zero artifacts near the lightsource.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
It's kind of arbitrary if the lines are axis-aligned or not. The math is still the same.

I'm 100% certain that with the algorithm you've mentioned earlier, you can get an implementation with zero jitter and zero artifacts near the lightsource.

Sure but the animate tricks required to pull it off on none axis aligned lines are completely different.
If you're using animate, then that's definitely the source of your jitter.

IDK about the stray lines tho.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
If you're using animate, then that's definitely the source of your jitter.

IDK about the stray lines tho.

I believe the stray lines might be AA from scaling through animate. I'm really not sure.
Page: 1 2