ID:2104671

(See the best response by FKI.)
Hello,I know there has the debug mode but my problem is another.
I use debug mode as singleplay and I dont see lag but then the game is on-line there has something causing lag. How to see what is causing lag if the game is on-line?
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2087716#comment19760249

you should also be watching out for your world.cpu which is basically, but not completely, related to the post you asked about earlier
In response to Zagros5000
like im no the only that is hosting so I can see server/profile
You're not the one hosting?
In response to Zagros5000
Yes im not hosting the game but I want to see procs that cause lag on-line.The lag only happens on-line and not off-line
Hm I'm pretty sure there is a way to give yourself access if you have the source but I don't remember how people did it. You could try asking the host to send you the profiler results after the games been up for a while as an alternative if no one chimes in
Best response
    if(!world.GetConfig("admin", "yourkey"))
world.SetConfig("APP/admin", "yourkey", "role=coder")

If you have access to the source code, you can add the above to your project to give yourself access to the profiler without being the host.
In response to FKI
Hi yes,I have acess to the code
I just have to put
    if(!world.GetConfig("admin", "yourkey"))
world.SetConfig("APP/admin", "yourkey", "role=coder")

on Login()?
In response to Czoaf
That would work. Ideally I would put it somewhere like on world initialization. It doesn't make much sense to check for that every time someone logs in, as opposed to just once on startup.
Czoaf wrote:
Hello,I know there has the debug mode but my problem is another.
I use debug mode as singleplay and I dont see lag but then the game is on-line there has something causing lag. How to see what is causing lag if the game is on-line?

"Lag" is a blanket term and used interchangeably by developers here to mean several things.

The actual meaning of lag is network lag, which refers to delays in communication between the host machine and the client. The only thing to do about that is to improve the connection.

Low performance on either end is also often called lag, but it's not actual lag as such; it's just low performance. The server side of the equation is something you can control by doing profiling and monitoring world.cpu, then using that data to decide which code needs to be streamlined.
In response to FKI
Oh thanks for the help, with this code I need to put debug mode or no need?
@Lummox the lag that I mean is about fps there has a proc causing lag not into network but at fps
Yeah you would need DEBUG mode enabled.