I have a working theory that I'm going to test some more. This may have something to do with map chunks, but at heart it definitely has something to do with the way turfs are marked as "interesting". I think the trees on that one map are being marked as interesting, and then either that isn't resetting properly and/or the area info isn't updating properly on the client end. Odds are the problem is on the server end, although I haven't figured out why it only happens when remote hosting vs. playing directly in DS--which should behave the same in this regard.
After more debugging, I've been able to determine that the size of the map changing is a major factor in this issue. Your x size is going up from 50 to 90, and I think that's one of the biggest deals here.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The server did not properly send info to reset the client's "interesting" turfs when the map size changed.
Woot! Thanks for looking into the problem man, I had such a hard time replicating the bug but glad you managed to figure it out.
This issue has surfaced again on the latest version. 512.1414

http://files.byondhome.com/DarkerEmerald/ The%20Last%20Conflict%202018-03-16%20051311.png

The only difference this time is the client can log out and back in to fix it.

Game is being hosted on linux(512.1414) and I am connected through Dseeker(512.1414).
Do you have a new test case I can try out? Or info on exactly where this issue reappeared? Being able to narrow down a version would help a ton.
I'll work on a test case sometime this week and find out when it started occurring. Will make a new post for it as well.
Page: 1 2 3