Azusa Online

by Inutaishos
Azusa Online
ID:2111659
 

Poll: Should Azusa try a period with Private servers?

Yes 69% (37)
No 30% (16)

Login to vote.

Well, another discussion here:
I don't have alot of time to deal/head admin a server properly, so the english server ends up dying and everything; So I came up with an idea and wanted your feedbacks :D

Wellp; only subscribers could host a server, the download files would give a zip with a PVP and a RP server files and two starting map models for you to pick; hosting would give you owner verbs and would let you pick the admins and decide the wipe configurations on your own, such as gain, tournaments, caps, etc. Obviously the servers with better admins and better admin teams would be the most populars; Also the best servers with better admins and fair gameplays would get the "Official" tag

Why? Well, alot of BYOND players doesn't play Azusa or give it a proper chance because of personal hate to one or more admins, and that happens alot, if you are one of this players now you can just move to another server, with better/fair admins; And this would also give a chance to another roll of PVP servers to come;

What you think about it? Yes? No? Why?
I said yes, because personally it would be easier, I used to play back awhile ago, but I've been busy or else I'd be playing again, but I also think non-subscribers should be able to host, you only get money from subscribers anyways, so I don't see the issue, but that is just my opinion anyways.
non subscribers would mean alot of random servers, wich is bad :/
Its not about the money at all; its just to prevent alot of ppl opening a single player private server and definatelly killing the game
In response to Inutaishos
Inutaishos wrote:
non subscribers would mean alot of random servers, wich is bad :/
Its not about the money at all; its just to prevent alot of ppl opening a single player private server and definatelly killing the game


Yeah, but look at DU as an example. If things get out of hand, you can just shut them down, it's cold but letting more than just subscribers host would probably bring in more, even if some were more random, but you can have rules and regulations for each server up.
não tem sentido nenhum fazer isto.
Yes, because some Brazilians players cannot understand or disgust the Rp game style. The PVPs servers can be hosted by subscribed members.
"No"...Because I like the Brazilian Azusa server, and not long ago that I play this game, I wish I could enjoy it more...
if the game can maintain the player base in all of the servers that are going to be opened, it can be good, if not its just a waste
In response to Sty92
Sty92 wrote:
if the game can maintain the player base in all of the servers that are going to be opened, it can be good, if not its just a waste

Thats why I needed something to limit the amount of private servers, and only subscribers being able to host would be a good way.

Magicpaper1337 wrote:
but you can have rules and regulations for each server up.

The idea of private servers would to actually let the hoster decide the own rules for his servers; Also bring some variety to the game... But idk, maybe some regulations would work, any idea?
In response to Inutaishos
The idea of private servers would to actually let the hoster decide the own rules for his servers; Also bring some variety to the game... But idk, maybe some regulations would work, any idea?

No, no. What I mean is like abuse, super toxic admins, admins banning people for no reason, ect

Just giving rules for those things.

Inutaishos wrote:
Well, another discussion here:
I don't have alot of time to deal/head admin a server properly, so the english server ends up dying and everything; So I came up with an idea and wanted your feedbacks :D

Wellp; only subscribers could host a server, the download files would give a zip with a PVP and a RP server files and two starting map models for you to pick; hosting would give you owner verbs and would let you pick the admins and decide the wipe configurations on your own, such as gain, tournaments, caps, etc. Obviously the servers with better admins and better admin teams would be the most populars; Also the best servers with better admins and fair gameplays would get the "Official" tag

Why? Well, alot of BYOND players doesn't play Azusa or give it a proper chance because of personal hate to one or more admins, and that happens alot, if you are one of this players now you can just move to another server, with better/fair admins; And this would also give a chance to another roll of PVP servers to come;

What you think about it? Yes? No? Why?

Personally I think that the $ associated with hosting is a great idea.

I think people who may not have the funds for it will complain, but then again, my sub price is 3$ and people *still* complain.

That's just the type of community this is, they expect great games for free not realizing the amount of work that goes into them.

Minecraft doesn't sell servers for free, you need to atleast purchase the game beforehand.

Your game is rather popular and I only see it growing in popularity if better modding practices or specific language servers go up. so it sounds good to me.
Don't see a reason for a "no"

Don't want private servers? Then don't play at it, stick to the official servers and you're good
Or you could simply make someone who is active every day and does spend a lot of time inside of the game a head admin.

Maybe then you will have fully functional server, but then again without players willing to play you can't do much.
VAI CARALHOOOOOO