ID:2115892

Not Feasible
BYOND Version:Beta
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Chrome 51.0.2704.103
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Hallo, i know you know about this "BUG", but maybe you can fix it?
I know, i can use "edge_limit" var, but what if i make 50 maps 50x50 and 5 250x250? I just thinkink about saveing map... etc. also i'll need proc for check map size etc..

For sure, 1st map is 10x10, and 2nd map is 50x50.

This looks like a feature request.

the "world" has to be a 3dim sized array based on the size of the biggest map. This can't be changed without major performance issues.

What you are requesting is a way to know the original size of a given zlevel, that should go in feature requests, but don't worry, a mod will move this soon.
What you might be able to do instead is combine your several 50x50 zlevels onto a single 250x250 level; say, make your overall map size 254x254, and use 1,1 to 50,50 for one map, 52,1 to 101,50 for another, etc, with a line of black-colored unnamed unremovable dense opaque turfs between each map.
I know about this, but what if i want change map like in old rpg's?
For single player game, i don't see the problem.
hmmm I know... i can give more space between maps.
Nadrew resolved issue (Not Feasible)
This isn't a bug, nor is it an actual issue. This request/bug report pops up every few years by inexperienced developers who don't know how the system works (despite it being documented in the guide and reference).

Best bet is creating an artificial edge, or better utilizing the space created when a larger map is added to the stack (as you end up with a lot of empty space otherwise).

If you absolutely rely on the edge limit stuff, you could split your 200x200 map into 4 smaller maps with warpable edges.

Plenty of options.

As for wanting a proc to get the original size of the map level, that would be another request, and can be accomplished in your code by sticking an object or something at the upper most corner of the levels smaller than the largest and using that object's x,y to determine what the original size was.