ID:2118683

(See the best response by Nadrew.)

Problem description: Is it bad to show the world an image by using world<<image and what exactly happens when you do this?

Best response
Nothing wrong with it, might be a little more overhead than outputting to a list of clients, though.

It works just like outputting to an individual client, image gets added to their images list and that's that.

Keep in mind it's a good idea to keep track of what you've outputted so you can get rid of them without too much extra work.

Also, you need to make sure you output the images as clients enter, images output to world won't automatically be added as new clients join the world. Keeping track of the current output would help this as well.
Thanks, that clears up a lot
just another sorta related question
if, and when, i want to remove these images from the game will setting every online clients, client.images, to null cause any problems? like will the images still linger somewhere

given that the images are attached to a player
it would be best to save the images in a list, and just do client.images -= listofimagestoremove

this way it will be easier to later on control what gets added or removed.
In response to MrStonedOne
I am saving them in a list but the problem is there are around 200-400 of them. setting everyone's client images to null then rebuilding them to exclude this particular thing worked but i'm worried that the images aren't actually get removed from the world
In response to Zagros5000
You can add a world.log output to an override of X/Del() to see if your Xs are being garbage-collected.

(replace X with image, in your case)
In response to Kaiochao
thanks :P looks like it does delete them. that's a pretty smart thing to do