ID:2125830

Not Feasible
Applies to:

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
A RESET_MOUSE_OPACITY appearance flag for /images and overlays.
We've got RESET_COLOR, RESET_ALPHA and RESET_TRANSFORM, is it possible to add this?

one of tgstation13's spriters wanted the ability to have extra high walls where the top section is a transparent overlay (probably only transparent when someone is behind it, ala the sims) that couldn't be clicked, but /images take the mouse_opacity of their parent making this impossible (bar entirely separate objects)

I have no idea of the internal workings of how atom's appearances are clickable, and it may not be possible to arbitrarily say "ignore this overlay", but I'd never know without making the feature request now would I :)
That'd be me. I would also like to point out that this would likely solve a longstanding problem of being unable to cleanly or easily color floor tiles which could be cut into 4 overlays. Players could then click on individual corners with a tool to recolor them. No big complicated UI required or anything.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not Feasible)
An image or an overlay is by definition part of its parent atom, as far as mouse interactions are concerned.
Honestly, I could see merit in a way to see a list of atoms under the mouse pointer during the click event. food for thought for 512?

Would let us handle these edge cases in softcode to some degree
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
An image or an overlay is by definition part of its parent atom, as far as mouse interactions are concerned.

I figured as much.
In response to MrStonedOne
Honestly, I could see merit in a way to see a list of atoms under the mouse pointer during the click event.

With my Input Handler library, that would pretty be much done with this:
var mouse_position[] = client.GetMouseMapPosition()
var atoms_under_mouse[] = bounds(mouse_position[1], mouse_position[2], 1, 1, client.bounds[5])

Of course, it wouldn't include overlays, because those normally don't exist on the map where they appear.

This also only tests for bounding box intersections, not icon intersections. :\