ID:2133235

Few people have encountered my game called Colori Poker. When I initially worked on it, I thought the ideas behind it were great for a game. The objective was to click to mix colors before corresponding them with numbers on the board. It was my only release to Iccusion Entertainment's contest back in 2006.

Unfortunately, after hearing about many games were disasters for that event, I later realized (before we even got to see the results) that it was a disaster. During this era of color clicking games (a very short one), I was working on at least one other game that used a similar concept. It was called ColiBriNum Challenge to the Center. Unfortunately, that game was never released (it was supposed to be my 2nd entry into the contest).

Reason why it failed was mainly due to the repetitive clicking involved with trying to mix colors and matching them on the board. It was very stable, but not very user friendly. However, looking back at it now, I might've just realized it was an early clicker of some sort.

It wasn't an idle clicker. However, y'all could say it was a forefather to clicking games for mobile devices. Only this game had an objective that was multiplayer too. :P

Now, I dread building a remake of that game since the original code was lost years ago. Heck, the download was even lost years ago. If anyone is interested in me remaking that game, I would try again just for the sake of it.
Sounds like the kind of game you might give a toddler to play around with. I just don't see how a game like that fits with anything here except as a programming exercise.

You know that kind of exercise which is one up from hello world.
Going to have to disagree with Zecronious on this one.

Mixing colors can be serious business if the game is designed properly. Back in the day, I used to play a game called Battle Painters.

The object of the game was to assert your alpha male dominance over the rest of the beta paint brushes by smearing your color over theirs. There were also these powerups that would spawn that would allow you to move your paint brush faster, or would instantly cover a large portion of the stage in your color.

Battle Painters taught me several things about life. I learned the importance of marking my territory. I learned that sometimes in life, you have to remind people of their place and that they are beneath you. Battle Painters helps you realize that life is like a bucket of paint - you just dip in and pull out.

So don't give me that cryptic, "color games are for toddlers" bullshit. If it wasn't for Battle Painters, I wouldn't have become the prestigious, shockingly handsome man that I am today. I probably would've ended up as some troll on a forum in a forgotten corner of the internet pissing people off with snappy sarcasm and worn out memes.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Interesting, don't think I ever heard about that game.

Yeah, games that deal with paints or colors can lead to interesting games if developed right.

Here is probably the only official screenshot I have of this game:
All BYOND games are failed games.