Grahf wrote:
This is proof that the ranking system is dead: http://games.byond.com/hub/Goditz/ NarutoBirthoftheLengendaryShinobi - A rip that is #3.

The BYOND ranking system would be flawed were it not to rank that game so high. Further, LRS would not be ranked so highely were it not for the backlash against the ranking system.

Generic Naruto Game currently has 127 players, LRS has 1. Which deserves the rank of more popular?
FinalFantasyFreak wrote:
Wildrogue wrote:
O-matic wrote:
Wildrogue wrote:
What the fuck do you people mean that it doesn't say anything about the quality of the game? Of course it does. It means lots of people like it.

"Bush is a good president because he got chosen."

"BYONDers are idiots because they ranked ripped games."

Hm...Not all, just most. And this is why BYOND Ranking is terribly flawed, to whomever read my comments on Lufia's post.

I didn't actually mean that, that was a parody of O-matic's flawed analogy, that followed the same logic.
No one responded to my utter decimation of O-matic. :(
Worldweaver wrote:

Nothing left to say. Utter decimation
You're right. Damn I'm good.

=P
Now we just need to get a formal user-review system in place...

Then get 14 other people together, sit down one night. And all of you go from game to game, discuss what you think of teh game. Positives and negatives. Then together write one big ass review of it.

Do a game a week if you have to. If you want something done right, do it yourself, that's how the old saying goes.
I here at Dixon(The pencil company) hate Pilot(one of our sworn enemies) alot. Thank you.
Worldweaver wrote:
O-Matic your example here sucks basically because, the majority of people in the US did vote Bush in and would agree that he was a good president at the time(I'm not one of the majority).

People thought he was a good president, but he isn't at all. It is popularity, sir.

I'm not going to bother to reply to the rest, the ranking says something about the popularity of the game, not its quality. Wildrogue is saying that a ranking is saying something about its quality, ehm, well, if you want proof to see that it is incorrect, then here you go.

I am not in the mood to reply to the rest, I just defend my ealier made statement.
Wildrogue wrote:
Worldweaver wrote:

Nothing left to say. Utter decimation

I don't keep track of every blog I commented on. I have much left to say, but I'm not like "omg let me look if someone flamed me!!"

Here's three things I have not liked about BYOND members:

1) Bashing you for trying to make BYOND easier.
2) Bashing you for explaining a concept about ripping games used on every major gaming forum/site but BYOND.
3) Bashing you for no reason (people like Silent Sage and the like)
O-matic wrote:
Worldweaver wrote:
O-Matic your example here sucks basically because, the majority of people in the US did vote Bush in and would agree that he was a good president at the time(I'm not one of the majority).

People thought he was a good president, but he isn't at all. It is popularity, sir.

I'm not going to bother to reply to the rest, the ranking says something about the popularity of the game, not its quality. Wildrogue is saying that a ranking is saying something about its quality, ehm, well, if you want proof to see that it is incorrect, then here you go.

I am not in the mood to reply to the rest, I just defend my ealier made statement.

Quality, more often than not, comes along with popularity, and vice versa. However, sometimes there are exceptions. As with all other aspects of life in a capitalistic world, popularity is everything. For example, let's take a look at the most successful fast food company in the world. McDonalds. Most would say McDonalds tastes like shit, but they still get the most business. If the owner of a "quality" game that is fun effectively "markets" their game, their game will get ranked high, and will take the place of the games with "lower quality."

Besides, why do you thnk people would rank a game high if not for what they believe to be it's quality?
People aren't always going to share your opinions.
For the most part, you're right Wild. But I feel that people are getting pretty stupid if they keep voting for all these crappy Naruto rips to be the top game. Seriously, the quality and effort to make them isn't worth anyones vote, only for the original game.
IainPeregrine Wrote:
The BYOND ranking system would be flawed were it not to rank that game so high. Further, LRS would not be ranked so highely were it not for the backlash against the ranking system.

Generic Naruto Game currently has 127 players, LRS has 1. Which deserves the rank of more popular?

A ranking system should reflect the quality of a game rather than the quantity of players. It is far too easy to manipulate a herd of people, whereas, making a quality game tends to be much more difficult--unless you have inborn talent. Point being: there should be a more objective format for the ranking system.

Of course, in modern society popularity tends to transcend quality, more so than the average person may think.
Page: 1 2 3