ID:2142307

Labor Day weekend is here! For most of us in the US, it's a three-day weekend and also the last gasp of summer. School starts next week, as it should, and soon fall will be upon us. Pro tip: Never ever go to Walmart or Target the day before school starts, for any reason.

I'm feeling really good about today's new release, 511.1355, because it includes a fix to an obscure but nasty bug that impacted big projects and has been around forever. And I almost do mean forever; I mean I have every reason to believe this bug existed back in the last millennium. I didn't end up doing anything special to mark my 15th BYONDiversary (yes really!), unless having dinner at the Fair counts, but quashing a bug at least that old was a nice way to finish it off.

511 is making its way to completion, although I have a few bugs pending to look at (including a couple of files from Lavenblade in particular that I haven't gotten to yet--sorry!). The biggest thing left is gamepad support for the webclient. After that I think it's good to go.

The SS13 devs have been asking for a darkness-rendering sight flag that works like SEE_PIXELS to draw blackness, but without the added baggage of turning on SEE_TURFS/OBJS/MOBS at the same time. Because of the significant support for it, I'm seriously considering implementing that, and I think it'd be fine to throw it into a 511 release rather than waiting for 512. (Bribes help.) This should be pretty straightforward in DS. I think this means however that I'll have to finally get around to implementing SEE_PIXELS in the webclient, which to date hasn't supported the flag at all.

There's actually some old cruft in the webclient, on both the server and client ends, that I'd like to clean out now that DSification is well and truly done. The cursor stuff for example is way outdated, and DS has just recently had a cursor facelift itself.

And with those updates, I leave you to the weekend and the holiday. Thanks to all who donated to BYOND or purchased Memberships last month; you guys are great.
I'm aboutta bribe you for filters.
Hey, consider my latest donation a small bribe for the sight flag, would love to see in 511 :D

Also maybe, JUST MAYBE you might consider http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2039888 :P