ID:2145725

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
The current layout shows some rather ugly games featuring some of our more popular games in the art would attract people sorry but the image kinda looks like crappy atari games or crappy apps on my phone. As for the developer side of the homepage showing coding is great and all but what about the map editor and the icon editor showing those could show people how simple it is to add art to your game. Ive used other engine and this is by far the easiest to use. Maybe im wrong not trying to be hostile just trying to help
The problem in general has been that layouts are hard. I'd love to improve the landing page; I just have no solid idea what to do with it.
Unfortunately I must concur that in my experience outsiders don't like the website in its current format. But without a complete redesign (whereby a professional company does the design) I don't see any immediate way of improving that. And the budget for it probably isn't there.
This brings up an interesting question, what the hell does the webstack even look like? Are we talking templating html with some web programming language, or are we talking inline html as output operations in some programming language.
Well i know an artist that could possibly do some art for byond,hes really talented and i don't think it would cost much. Also im pretty good at design so ill see what i can do and ill post what i come up with. Or hold a contest for a free membership or cash offer idk. Also you could offer a service to game developers front page feature of their game for a fee alot of sites do this. Of course byond anime would be excluded so funimations lawyers don't come over and try to bend byond over the table.