ID:2148184

Poll: Do you want a separate library for SPanimScript?

Yes 66% (2)
No 33% (1)

The polls are now closed.

Reason why I have brought this poll up is because of a scripting language I came up with back in 2014 for a later version of SByIo (my input/output library). I thought to myself why not bring that scripting language for others to use?

All this basically does is wrap around the animate function, but make it nice and easy to create your own animated states. Probably one of the simplest scripting languages to learn to the point it is already parsed at load time.

I never got around to finishing this scripting language, but I figured I would make a nice contribution rather than let it go to waste.

Here's an example demo script that is included with a later SByIo Library build:
IntroFadeIn
alpha 255
time 20
addstage

IntroFadeOut
alpha 0
time 10
addstage

SByIoTextFX
alpha 0
time 5
loop -1
addstage
alpha 255
time 5
addstage

DemoTextFX
color 255 255 0
time 5
loop -1
addstage
color 255 0 0
time 5
addstage

You can then add animation states to whatever object you want. When you're ready to start animating, simply call StartAnimation and provide the state name. Now, because it was originally designed for SByIo, I'll need to reconfigure the code to make it compatible for library use.
I can dig this.
While I'm still keeping the poll up for those who want the library or not, I have made some nice progress in terms of converting it into a library.

In fact, it was a nice way to upgrade old code into new (such as making use of the regex functions that were unavailable at the time original was made). I might perform a test soon to see what would happen.

I actually meant to add more features along the way, but never got around finishing it nor the documentation. Like I said, it's a scripting language that is actually parsed once at load-time. Not meant to replace animate, but instead complement it. It can even be handy for those who want to script animation events/states.
Happy to see someone else working on a scripting language :)
[edit]
Polls are now officially closed. While it didn't garner many votes, I still went ahead and made it into library form.