Fallen Legends

by Mecha Destroyer JD
Fallen Legends
A single player RPG inspired by JRPGs
ID:2149059

Development is still in progress, more so in the design phase versus actual code creation.

Somehow I forgot just how difficult good map design is when it comes to creating dungeons and whatnot but I presume the only way to get better is to just keep on doing it.

I also finally got around to adding some talking npcs that will try to flesh out the game a bit, both random musings and a bit of the game lore itself.

Now that I’m slightly more organized as far as what else I would need to have a playable version (at least demoable) I still expect to reach my self imposed deadline of October 1st to have something ready.

I’m pretty decent with deadlines at work as a application developer so we’ll see how well that translates to game development..

Fallen Legends at Itch.io

Somehow I forgot just how difficult good map design is when it comes to creating dungeons and whatnot but I presume the only way to get better is to just keep on doing it.

I agree with this. Another thing I'd do is look at other games that are popular, interesting to me, or similar to my project in genre/style, and see how they did it.

Good luck.
Yeah, you don't really appreciate game maps until you have to do them yourself heh. Thanks for the advice.
Cool, I might have to check it out.
Did a quick play through of your game. Went all the way through the first bunker, or at least I think I did when I found log 6, and graphics aside nothing about it is bad yet. Though I would say that based on the way maps are layed out that you would benefit from using tile movement instead of pixel. I had a lot of trouble going through doors.
Nice, thanks for the feedback.