ID:21518

Keywords: byond, plunder_gnome
For ages I've ignored all the posts about the ranking system, but today I decided to check out what Plunder Gnome's competition was. Plunder Gnome's rank is currently 118th, a rank which it shares with two other entries:
Hub IconBYOND rank: 118
Naruto Rebirth, by Shinobi Entertainment
Come in and experience a completely new naruto game like no other made from scratch.
Hub IconBYOND rank: 118
Naruto: Ura Renge 2 , by Ninja_Teen_Naruto
Ura Renge Is Back With A No Lag Server And 24/7 Server!

It's hard to get a good idea of what a rank means just by looking at the games in the same rank, so I looked at the games ranked slightly higher and slightly lower than 118th.
Hub IconBYOND rank: 112
Naruto Dark Desire , by Gucci Mane
Come in and experience a completely new naruto game like no other made from scratch.
Hub IconBYOND rank: 123
Final Fantasy , by Iccusion Mods
Remake of the classic Final Fantasy game for Nintendo.

What do I draw from all this? First, that Plunder Gnome has not been publicized enough for it's rating to reflect how fun I believe it is, and there is still a large block of BYOND members who havn't heard of it. Second, a lot of people like games that I wouldn't play, and that will always be true. Lastly, there are large blocks of BYOND members, subcultures of BYOND, who do not frequent the same channels I do. I conclude that Plunder Gnome has a long way to go in the rankings, if I am willing to publicize it. An effective publicity campaign would have to include an investigation into the channels these subcultures frequent. Until then, my game's rank will continue to truthfully report degree to which my game has been exposed to the all BYOND communities, and their reaction. The system is perfect, my ad campaign is lacking.
So whip out the big bucks and buy some commercial advertising. ;)
"Plunder Gnome: Experience Gnome-Bumping action never before even thought of! In blistering 2D Graphics!"

I agree, I don't see a problem with the ranking system.
Maybe we should get plunder gnome to rank 1?
It's hard to get a good idea of what a rank means just by looking at the games in the same

Darn you, Iain!
Hell Ramen wrote:
Darn you, Iain!

You lose!

Also, anyone want to play a game of Plunder Gnome? I'll be online for a while if you're interested. I believe the address is still:
byond://hyperbyond.com:5010

If not, you can always join directly from the hub: byond://iainperegrine.plundergnome
BYOND Rank: 68 You gained 50 ranks.
Though I do like the fact that Plunder Gnome is now ranked higher, this was not my intention. I had hoped to gain more players, and I don't see that that has really happened in the same proportion as the rank jump.
Yeah, I'll just rank your game for the hell of it to my number 1 slot. :D
I ranked you #1 also :)
I ranked you as #2 since if I put you as #1 Unknown Person would delete it and move Ultimatum back to #1.
thhhhhhh GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!! i love itit lol
Ha...those two Naruto games have the SAME hub description.
Whoops, that might have been my fault. I did do a lot of copy / paste to make those lovely hub-look-alike boxes.
I'm afraid to take Plunder Gnome out of my favourites because Iain might WIPE MY SAVE.

=(
Bahamatt wrote:
I'm afraid to take Plunder Gnome out of my favourites because Iain might WIPE MY SAVE.

1: If you consider removing Plunder Gnome from your favorites, I will WIPE YOUR SAVE.
2: The only thing nessesary for you to have considered removing Plunder Gnome from your favorites is to have read number 1.
3: Your save file is now deleted.
Damn you. I was a lvl 85 Gnome Farmer!