ID:2159447

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Images have an appearance, which means they have their own invisibility var. As near as I can tell, this only comes into play when the image's appearance is overriding the atom to which it is attached.

I know that traditionally, an image added to an invisible atom is to allow for selective visibility. However, I have situations in which it is desirable for different players to see different aspects (auras, etc.) when they look at the same atom, with both an intersection between "who can see what" and "who is good at seeing hidden things".

E.g., my games tend to use a periodically randomized invisibility level vs. a periodically randomized see_invisibility level to simulate "perception checks" in roleplaying games. Currently if there's any image attached to the hidden character, the image will still be visible to any clients with it in their list even if its invisibility is set to higher than client.mob.see_invisible. My request is for images' invisibility to be taken into account in this situation.

I've created a temporary workaround for my current project by removing the images' icons when the atom in question is invisible, but I would love the extra flexibility that a working invisibility var for images would add.