EmpirezTeam been sipping on too much haterade this morning :D
Just a reminder that there is now less than 12 hours remaining for contestants to begin their development phases. Good luck, and congratulations to those who have already submitted their Game in a Day!
Unfortunately, I wasn't ever able to set aside 24 hours to hit my dev phase. Work got swamped this week. Major bummer as I was really looking forward to participating this year.
I feel kinda bummed that my submission is kind of crap, but everyone else's that I've seen seem really great. Always next year to try again for me
Yut and I were thinking of having more frequent contest through the year if you're interested.
In response to Fat Albert
Fat Albert wrote:
Yut and I were thinking of having more frequent contest through the year if you're interested.

Of course.

In response to Fat Albert
Fat Albert wrote:

I'm also interested.
In response to Manio
Manio wrote:
Fat Albert wrote:

Of course.
By the way, since you live in London. I'd be down to try and arrange to meet up next GIAD and just do it side by side. =)

In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Unfortunately, I wasn't ever able to set aside 24 hours to hit my dev phase. Work got swamped this week. Major bummer as I was really looking forward to participating this year.

Sad to see you didn't have the time Ter! I was looking forward to seeing what you had to cook up man. ;(
I’m a half day late, but we have met the end of the game development phase for this year's Game in a Day Developers Contest! Many of the submissions are extremely impressive, given the short time span in which they had to develop their games. 9 games were submitted (7 of which are qualified for prizes), and range from 3D grave-robbing adventures to intense player versus player action, with some casual, RPG, and traditional games scattered in between.

Below is a collection of the hub pages that were submitted with entries, hub pages that do not contain host files will be provided with a download link, and multiplayer games will have a direct link to a hosted server, live until the Judging section is complete, with results estimated to be released on Saturday November 5th, 2016.

Game in a Day 2016 Entries!

Jack O'Lanter GIAD Edition by Bandock
Entombed by D4RK3 54B3R
Overcome by Fat Albert [Live server link!]
Beware of the WEREDUDE by Flame Guardian [Live server link!] [Download Here!]
Four Color Escape by Flick
Candy Caldron [Disqualified] by Higoten
Saviour Or Not by Manio [Download Here!]
Binarium [Disqualified] by Yut Put [Live server link!]
Goblin Bootcamp by Yut Put [Live server link!]

Congratulations to all of the participants on their hard work! Your efforts yielded excellent results, and I look forward to reviewing each of your submissions!
Woohoo! I'll at least come in 7th! ;) Congrats to everyone who attempted this. First time Ive managed to submit something to one of these in 15 years... Its not great, but its better than my previous 14 :P And I had fun.

Thanks to Higoten for running it as well.
Thanks for hosting it Higoten. :D

This was definitely my first attempt at any Game in a Day event. This event actually encouraged me to innovate towards a newer HUD design. While I have worked on my own entry; I'm actually impressed with other entries. Some have great gameplay while others attempt to break new ground (with great success) for features never before possible on BYOND or enhance current features to a newer level.
And without further ado, we shall now commence the banquet ceremony. This presentation is brought to you by Nexus.

Save money. Live better. Nexus.

Ladies and gentlemen, please enter your chicken-flavored Maruchan noodles into the microwave at this time.

Thank you for joining me this evening for this prestigious event. I would like to thank all those who participated - both the developers and the organizers. We've come a long way since our DUNG days. All of us were mere tadpoles back then. Lost and confused in the dark swamp of misfortune, we found light at the surface of the water in the form of an engine called "Dream Maker". That is why now, in 2016, our games are better, the site has seen several improvements, and our memes are unprecedented. Seriously, the memes are amazing. I've been to several websites and we've got the best memes in the world. Believe me.

You see, I was having a talk with Yut Butt not too long ago about why I'm still here on this site and honestly it's because of you guys. Each and every one of you gives me the energy I need to get started with my day. I don't need no Folgers in my cup because the best part of waking up is sacrificing goats to appease the Nexian gods. You're probably wondering why we've had to sacrifice goats. Well, at first the plan was to use human lives but Ter13 didn't approve of Developous sending death threats to people so we had to resort to drastic measures. If you want the animal cruelty to cease, then some of you are going to have to start surrendering your lives to the Nexus because these games aren't going to unite themselves.

A wise man once said "the only thing necessary for the triumph of unity, ue4 and game maker is for byond to do nothing", but with this contest, we have proven we shall not stand by idly as the other gaming communities thrive and prosper. We are no longer tadpoles, gentlemen. We are full-grown bullfrogs and we shall leap to greater heights and brighter futures until the day comes that all other gaming communities put some respeck on BYONDs name.

You may now remove your noodles from the microwave, eat, and enjoy the rest of your evening.
Warning, mine is awful.
Yeah this GIAD was great. This was my first byond game contest. Definitely was a challenge, and an amazing learning experience. The quality and creativity of the games developed within a single day is just impressive. Good work everyone. And I look forward to seeing you guys next projects.
FYI: weredudes only can be started with 3 players and is unbeatable due to time restraints. Enjoy. Lol.

I have a more polished version lying on my computer at home - I'll see to hosting that within a week or so if anyone's still interested :)
yeah thx for telling us now! me and yut were trying to play with 2 players and couldn't really do much.
Swuf bitch
Hahahahah... Well... ..The hub page says that too.

Sorry for the inconvenience D:
In response to Flame Guardian
Flame Guardian wrote:
Hahahahah... Well... ..The hub page says that too.

Sorry for the inconvenience D:

I still wanna play it!

Page: 1 2 3