ID:21621

In case anyone has been living in a hole for the past 2000 years it should be explained that Arab Countries are possibly the most messed up places in the planet. They are daily, in fact perpetual violators of human rights(women abuse, prisoner abuse you name it), perpetuate hate around the world(*cough* Iran,*cough*Syria) and fund terrorist organizations.

I'm sure we're all aware of their public statements that can basically be summed up as "Death to Israel, America and the West", and, as a Westerner, you are probably very shocked and outraged, and know that if your government did this you'd demand some apology! Muslims in the Middle East(and around the world) in general support these statements, but feel it is in their right to threaten death upon cartoonists if Mohamed appears in a cartoon.

But by far the worst travesty of the Arab pseudo-states is their treatment of women. Did you know that 1 in 5 Muslim women has been forced to have clitorectomy preformed on her(9 Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women)? What is clitorectomy? It is the mutilation of the female genitals, with the basis in removing the clitoris. As women in middle eastern countries are all seen as whores who would leave their husband at any chance, removal of the pleasure of sex is a first step taken to prevent adultery. Oh, but it does not stop their, oh no... In most cases it is taken far beyond, primarily with sewing up the genitals and leaving only a small hole for urine to gradually drip out. How do the husbands have sex with their wives? They use a knife to rip open the vagina. And after having their last child mutilate the vaginal area to the point of sometimes not being able to urinate.

But didn't this process originate in Africa? Why yes it did! But then why do you blame it on Islam? Islam has absorbed practically every womanizing practice from every culture it encountered. Do you think Mohamed's Wife, who paid the bills(she managed a large trading company), would have stood for having to wear hijab, much less clitorectomy? Not for one moment. The process of Islam's brutal womanizing practices was a fast progression after the Prophet's Wife's death. Including his marrying of a nine year old child, Aisha. Yes, Mohamed was a pedophile. And currently, clitorectomy is condoned by most Sheiks and Imams.

Expect a part two.

Source(
http://www.amazon.com/Nine-Parts-Desire-Hidden-Islamic/dp/ 0385475772/sr=8-1/qid=1161990146/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/ 104-2918603-1532701?ie=UTF8&s=books)
Hm.
That's just wrong. Wow.
In a 1 billion person faith, that's 100 million women who've had this happen to them. 100 million!

(1billion/2(half of them are women)*1/5)
This is not getting enough outrage!
I hate most muslims.
You shouldn't hate Muslims, just their religion that is tearing the world apart.
I guess... But it's kinda their fault for inventing that religion.
That's all in the past now.
Muslims didn't create the religion, Mohammed did. He wasn't Muslim before he founded the religion, therefore Muslims didn't found it.
Stop being nitpicky...
Fine douche!

It's the Arabs' fault for founding the religion.

Is that good for you?
Really, the Muslims aren't supposed to be violent against Jews or Christians, because they all believe in the same god.

Douche, eh? You're easily angered, aren't you?
You were deliberately trying to pick a fight, by being nitpicky.

Really, the Muslims aren't supposed to be violent against Jews or Christians, because they all believe in the same god.

What does that have to do with anything?
This isn't islam in general. Despite what many "Westerners" think, female circumscision and all that is NOT officially condoned in any way. It's just that the high level of lawlessness out there is letting certain uncouth people get away with things they shouldn't be.
I wasn't picking a fight, I was point something out.

Also, you seem to hate Islam because it's supposedly violent. Really, it's the people who are violent, not the religion.
First of all, none of you have ANY understanding of what Islam is founded on. NONE of you have probably had any longstanding relationships with people from Arabic countries, or even a Muslim in the first place.

Islam is a religion of peace, not of conquest. Christianity has been twisted as much as Islam has since inception. For example, the crusades, where the British invaded the "holy land", and tried to steal it from the Muslims, in the name of Christ.

People have been prosecuted in the name of God, for "witchcraft", and "devil worship", and again, why? In the attempt to steal the land and assets of another.

Islam is NOT a religion of perverse wrong on women and the western world. Islam is a religion of peace that has been corrupted by militants theocratic dictators, and a subculture of "soldiers" who believe that they themselves are tasked by god to fight injustice.

They have either perverted the meaning of Islam's teachings, or simply brainwashed a group of children to believe that their teachings ARE the word of god.

Christianity too has been used as a religion of conquest, a tool of domination, and a means of instilling fear upon others. This does not mean that Christianity is wrong, but it does mean that humans are flawed.

Don't even start with these two religions being any different. In the bible, there are multiple parts about women being whores for looking upon other men, that if left in a room with a man that is not her husband, even if he is their father, which I might add, actually happened in the bible, they will sleep with him even if it means that they have to seduce or deceive him.

There are also decrees that women must wear a shawl over their face and hair, so that the jealous angels may not decend from heaven to rape them.

I personally, see no difference in the religions themselves, just in the society that practices them, and in the religious leaders who teach them.

The blame does not rest on the religion itself, the blame does not rest on the people who follow the religion, the blame falls on those who pervert this religion to suit their own purposes.
We're not insulting what Islam was in the Past. Very much to the contrary, we're expressing disgust at what Islam has become. Something that is much worse than what Christianity has become. The world was a barbaric place everywhere 500 years ago. Islam still is stuck in the 16th century.

First of all, none of you have ANY understanding of what Islam is founded on.

Bullshit. You can't make claims like that.

Mohamed believed he had seen the Archangel Gabriel in a vision,recorded the revelations in the Qur'an and set about converting followers to his new religion.

Simple as that.
This is perhaps the most bigoted, blindly hateful, downright idiotic, and most American post/comments thread I've read, save for Ter13 and Popisfizzy.

To think that a miniscule percentage of people represents the whole is downright stupid. Should Middle Eastern countries judge Americans based on Baywatch?

Worldweaver wrote:
Mohamed believed he had seen the Archangel Gabriel in a vision, and set about converting followers to his new religion.

There's a bit more to Islam than Muhammad wanting to convert people to it.

Muhammad: "Hey, join my religion!"
Convert: "What's it all about?"
M: "Uh... me converting you to it."
C: "But then what?"
M: "You are an Islam"
C: "But what do we do then?"
M: "Be an Islam"
C: "Awesome, I'm in."
What did I do to be hateful towards Muslims?
Page: 1 2 3