ID:2170855

Hello Readers! I'm glad you made it, indicating that you are successfully coping with Election Day, and any of the increasingly common calls to secede that has tended to follow every fourth year's election cycle.

Around BYOND, we had some hotly contested competitions of our own going on as well, with Yut Put and his PVP game, Goblin Bootcamp, taking first place in the 2016 Game in a Day Developer's Challenge! D4RK3 54B3R's 3D tomb raider Emtombed took second place!

Full reviews and scores for each of the 9 impressive submissions, all made in 1 day, can be found on the GiaD 2016 Results page.

BYOND

Some unexpected events have delayed BYOND developer Lummox JR's plans to release an update this past week. That delayed release contains improved webclient splash screen management, including a provision for custom splash screens, closing up a series of reported bugs, along with the ad timer and improved tree generation compile times for large icons added in the previous beta release. While he's on the topic of trees, he taken a gander at the twisted string tree, adding it to the ever growing pile of feature creep.

BYOND Games

Spera by Kozuma3 was released and updated to version 0.3. The RPG currently features a battle and party system, banks, and equipment to find. The interface has undergone a handful of revisions, and skills and quests systems have been developed.

Boxers are the newest variation of the Martial Arts class in Sigrogana Legend 2. Devourer Of Souls fills in the rest of the version 1.65 update log with bug fixes, map correction, adjustments, and new animations.

Kumorii has been working from a toaster to create the newest additions to Feed. The fast pace zombie shooter now leaves bloody footprints, the screen shakes once again, and more boxes provide more resistance.

Exentriks Gaming has been working hard on Transcend, a uniquely crafted RPG where players take on the role of a sprit warrior who is on a quest to become a god among warriors, advancing and varying their story with every decision. He has created a trailer that depicts the adventures and battles though time, and began a Steam Greenlight campaign. He's looking for Yes! votes for the game scheduled for release in early 2017.

Azusa: The Olympian's war will be undergoing downtime for a period of time. Inutaishos has purchased some art assets, and is planning to take the game from Alpha to Beta, introducing new gameplay elements, maps, and a push to Steam Greenlight.

Yut Put has released a call for testers! Nother needs players who are interested in providing live and detailed feedback, completing an interview after playing, and defeat the four bosses in the game. In return, Yut Put is offering a BYOND membership to qualified testers. Nother is a single player RPG that was recently Greenlighted on steam!

Can I opt out of these notifications?
how do i stop seeing this shit? I dont care about your crappy notifications. all of these games are garbage
nobody cares
First ;)
Fuck....that delay
In response to Zeex00
Zeex00 wrote:
First ;)

fuck you buddy
it's ok i support you guys i like the news
In response to Asskek
Asskek wrote:
it's ok i support you guys i like the news

all the developers and most of the gamers here do
In response to Zagros5000
You can't speak for others.
In response to NSBR
NSBR wrote:

And neither can you. Now stop being a twat.
Ho boy, seems like people aren't liking these notifications.

Anywho,I know a previous one of these had the ever-growing question asked:'Why can't we opt out of these?' Yes there's a topic for getting it implemented, but isn't adding a 'opt in or out' button relatively simple?

On another note, I checked YutPut's game on Twitch. He died a lot. :)

In response to Zach8930
Zach8930 wrote:
Anywho,I know a previous one of these had the ever-growing question asked:'Why can't we opt out of these?' Yes there's a topic for getting it implemented, but isn't adding a 'opt in or out' button relatively simple?

No. It's not Herculean, but it is not relatively simple.

Anyway, sheesh, it's just pager news. That happens now and then. It's just to keep people abreast of what's going on on the site, and Higoten has been good enough to keep content going for it. This only happens twice a month, maybe once more every now and then if I have pager news to post myself. Pager news has always given people notifications, for a long time now; this is absolutely nothing new.
I don't know why some of you are so upset to be insulting developers here, but you should be cheering on the community to stay active. It is an official update and without it people who weren't highly involved with the forums wouldn't know there was stuff going on. When you stop seeing official notifications is when you have to worry. I think everyone is going a great job and I hope you keep up the good work!
Its nice to see updates are still being posted. I am glad you guys are still working on everything and not letting the site die <3. Keep up the great work.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
NSBR wrote:

And neither can you. Now stop being a twat.

I'm speaking for myself. I want to opt out of it. I don't want Higoten to stop doing his posts, I just don't want to receive a notification about them. Not being a twat at all.
TRUMP DESU
I'm trying to figure out what part of this seems to have triggered the tumblr community.
QUIT TRYING TO SHOVE YOUR POSTS ABOUT THE LITTLE REMAINING ACTUAL GAME DEVELOPMENT HAPPENING ON THIS SITE DOWN OUR THROATS! WE DON'T WANNA HEAR IT, GOD DAMNIT!
I actually like the notifications. When has the byond community became such annoying pricks and kids. Like damn its a simple notification that pings thats all. It doesnt put a gun to your head demanding you to read them, if you want to opt out then dont click the link and ignore it, taking time to write about opting out is a waste cause it does no harm at all.
Page: 1 2 3