ID:2173015

BYOND Version:511
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 54.0.2840.71
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When you obtain a message from someone the pager freezes for like 1-2 minutes sometimes freezing up your entire computer. Then if you input an ass load of things like for example spamming my friend jeffry with 0s to give him an idea of how long it would for a man who lived 4 a long ass time (Like 10 quintillion years or something to start experiencing time like we do.) The result is that after i sent my hundredth or so 0 it just kept sending them. Which means the pager has a delay sometime between when i send a message and when it actually receives it quite a big delay to because it took around 5 minutes for it to stop sending messages while i watch them appear.

Problems seems to occur more when obtaining messages than sending them though it did take a long time before the pager caught up to the apologies i was sending to him for ruining his day.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Get friend to spam you.
2. Minimize pager

Expected Results:
The pager doesnt freeze allowing for a smooth conversation between two users.
Actual Results:
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1811047&hl=pager&hla=Ter13

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Almost every time sometimes its just fine then you get more than one message and everything goes to hell.
In other user accounts?
Im 100% sure everyone on my friends list experiences this. Its why they dont use the pager anymore.

On other computers?
I actually haven't tried it on any other computers.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When you're on the tab with the person who's sending the message and only receive one message.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
Uhh it didnt happen with old pager... whichever version had the old pager... <3 that thing.
Workarounds:

</3>
You put the same thing in the expected results and actual results. Which is it?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
You put the same thing in the expected results and actual results. Which is it?

My bad, edited it.
Just wanted to verify, this happens with me too. It's pretty much been an issue since the pager was redone, though.
The question is, how many messages do said conversations have in them? I've noticed a major issue when conversations get beyond a certain amount of messages, but before that things run pretty smooth. I'd imagine adding a system to truncate older messages from being displayed would resolve this.
There actually is such a system, although it doesn't go as far as it might.
I'm guessing you probably over-estimated the ability for embedded IE to handle it, because at around 60-100 messages (depending on message length) the thing starts to choke pretty badly.
Is there anything embedded IE is not shit at