ID:2176663

Happy Thanksgiving! It's that time of year, just as the holiday season begins, to take some time and appreciate what we have, instead of wanting what we don't. Take some time to enjoy the rest of the week with your family, coworkers, and friends. Until then, check out these updates that I'm thankful for in the world BYOND!

BYOND

A new update to the Beta version of BYOND was released today, featuring quite a list of rendering performance improvements, and a handful of bug fixes. In his earlier logs, Lummox JR has documented his work being unexpectedly thrown off course, but still managed to make some head-way on an improved splash screen for the Webclient, although not yet ready for a public release. He gobbled away some missing features in the Webclient, and set his sights on finding out why some systems are using the wrong graphics card.

BYOND Games

A word game with not-so-wordy descriptions, Wordji is Flick's latest project! Think of it like a mix of word searches and Boggle, with gravity and compound words thrown in to fluff up the difficulty. Hints costs coins and show helpful pictures of what your goal is, and coins are gained for correct answers!

Kaizoku: A New Beginning is back under development, with Kidpaddle45 sharing a short video of the game. New graphics help spice up the game, and arrows can be launched to score a kill.

The rough and tumble world of retail management has come back around, with Foogimicester posting the latest update to Main Street. The storefront tycoon game is entering the world of fast food, with the introduction of the Taco Shop theme. Newspapers bring the promise of positive advertisement, but bring a double edged blade to the table. Poor reviews and bad publicity of stores may soon be written.

Subjectivity is the name of Yut Put's latest creation, a small text based game were participants answer a series of yes or no questions, and see how many participants answered similarly. Once there are no further questions to answer, you may leave your own question to be answered by those who answer exactly like you did. Up to this point, no one has answered the question I left behind!

Feed has been stuffed with development, thanks in part to the testers that Kumorii has been recruiting! Bringing in the player look-alike boss, Dopple, was a major goal that was accomplished. A slew of various-colored clothing designs are available to choose from. Numerous bugs were squashed, and a bunch of future plans have been laid-out. Interested in stress-testing Feed first-hand? Contact Kumorii!

My Adventure Online is a new developing RPG from S10 Games. Basic system are in the dungeon crawler, so equip your sword, tunic, attack skill, and fireball skill and go for an adventure on the first dungeon level. Level up enough, and you may even be able to take down the monstrous ogre boss.

FlameGuardian has shared a preview of Beware of the Weredude. From what can be seen, he has added some meat to his Game in a Day submission, such as the ability to attack, destructible terrain, magic flame projectiles, tangible and usable objects, and animals!

Pyro_dragons is cooking up an old (old) favorite of mine, The Elemental Stone. While the current screen shots look entirely different from what I remember, they also look considerably better. Inventory and character stat sheets appear to be in, along with equipment management and crafting. Dashing and blocking are in as well.

I hope everyone who doesn't like the notifications was just mildly inconvenienced.
Is there any way to opt out of these?
good job everyone! keep up with the good work!

I DID NOT APPROVE OF THIS PUBLICITY!

... just messing, thanks for the mention Higoten. I appreciate it! Keep up the sweet work everyone, especially Flick, Wordji is freaking adorable and totally gave me flashbacks of the good ol' BYOND Casual days.

I joined to byond community around 2008. I can say there are some bad and good things we all did for byond and the future can`t always be better but at least byond is still around us in 2016 so we can easy say they were doing something good to still be with us.
I am glad Higoten is still working on Within BYOND altho im not on byond so much anymore I can still see that byond is kicking and people are still working on games. I can say it is motivation for other people to try and do their own original games. Keep up the good work and I am sorry for all my grammer mistakes but I hope point was given.

Give us an option to opt out of these. They are annoying.

I wont be donating anymore untill that simple feature is added.
I'm with Supernoodles13.

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving and find this notification highly offensive. You can't just assume my belief system. I'm sure an opt out feature can be implemented in 15 seconds with 2 lines of code. I know because I'm a coderer myself and understand the codes and how codes work and things like that. If you can't do it, let one of the coderers in the community do it. It's not rocket science.
I agree with Supernoodles13 because these notifications are so annoying. They only notify me once and the one time they don't annoy me is when I'm not on my PC when it does notify me. Do you know what these notifications do to me man, they make me feel like I'm obliged to read the entire post and leave a comment. Someone like you can't possibly understand what that's like >:|

Please remove these notifications post haste so that I may resume my insignificant existence in peace, thanks you.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I don't celebrate Thanksgiving and find this notification highly offensive. You can't just assume my belief system.

lmao

In response to Supernoodles13
Supernoodles13 wrote:
Give us an option to opt out of these. They are annoying.

I wont be donating anymore untill that simple feature is added.

its annoying to see a spinning orange byond logo? or a small sound on your pager if its even online at the time?
LOL God, I hope this is all mostly sarcasm! How do I apply for my game to be on the update list? I have one that I am committed to developing and it is going well.
In response to Zamargo
Zamargo wrote:
LOL God, I hope this is all mostly sarcasm! How do I apply for my game to be on the update list? I have one that I am committed to developing and it is going well.

Posting news about it in "Game Updates" and the show-off topic in Off-Topic is the best way to get put on the list.

Reminder: No fangames.
My game is based on Zelda from NES but I use totally different sprites. the closest I come is a similar face pattern and feet movement.

This is me attacking a desert monster in my game. Right now me and my wife are developing the combat system.

In response to Zamargo
Zamargo wrote:
My game is based on Zelda from NES but I use totally different sprites. the closest I come is a similar face pattern and feet movement.

This is me attacking a desert monster in my game. Right now me and my wife are developing the combat system.

You and your wife? Thats soooo cool :3
In response to Zamargo
Zamargo wrote:

The more differences you have from Zelda of course, the better. It probably won't take much at all for your game to be considered a spiritual successor rather than a fangame.

Again I'd recommend checking out Anguna. That's a Zelda-like game all the way, but it's clearly not Zelda-derived.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I'm sure an opt out feature can be implemented in 15 seconds with 2 lines of code. I know because I'm a coderer myself and understand the codes and how codes work and things like that. If you can't do it, let one of the coderers in the community do it. It's not rocket science.

I'm a programmerer and I find this post highly sarcastic.

Besides, Creating an off switch for notifications is actually much more complex than you think. The fact of the matter is that we are simply in the idea stage for this opt out feature, and getting from the idea stage to the implementation stage requires tremendous effort. This is a problem because of our past experience with website changes, which was never good. The design work that has to go into that is a slog, and the HTML/CSS work for turning that into a reality is a bigger slog. People have no appreciation for this, because they haven't lived it. Such projects have an overwhelming tendency to blossom out of control, even when the point of focus is something as simple as an off switch. What Tom and Lummox have discovered the hard way was that these runaway website projects only took time away from the software.

In response to Zamargo
Zamargo wrote:

Tips on how to make wife help plz. I've been trying to make mine do my pixel art for years, but all I can ever get her to do is my splash screens.
Tips on how to make wife help plz.

Have you tried using your fists?
Anguna does look like something I would like to play, and then of course my wife would pick it up behind my back, hog and go on a obsessive weekend long game marathon.

Unwanted4Murder tell her that you "want to spend time together being creative and using your minds with each other" and after say a foreign fake holiday that is based on a favors like "or we could celebrate Czechoslovakian oral husband pleasuring day which is today!" So either way you win!
Page: 1 2