ID:2185301

'gui.dmi' no a supported icon file type ?!?!?

How is a damn dmi file not supported.
This is really f-ing annoying honestly. How do I fix this and prevent it.
I tried copying and pasting the contents of the icon into another icon but that did not work either. I even tried restarting my computer. What does this even mean? This is beyond frustrating.
Try typing a direct file path. Is gui in a particular folder?

If so type out all the steps to get to Gui.dmi from your main source. Something like:
icon='art/gui.dmi'
Alternatively, and this could result in some CPU issues in the future. You can open Dream maker > goto build > goto preferences > check automatically set FILE_DIR.
In response to Flame Guardian
Flame Guardian wrote:
Alternatively, and this could result in some CPU issues in the future. You can open Dream maker > goto build > goto preferences > check automatically set FILE_DIR.

You would un-tick that option for faster compile time. Other than that, I don't know what "CPU issues" you refer to.

His issue likely has to do with something else.
Are you positive the file in question is in fact a .dmi file? It's possible you may have renamed or saved that file and the name only reads ".dmi" but the extension is
otherwise.

Nevermind.

Actually, I recall experiencing a problem like this a while ago at random. I don't remember exactly how I fixed it, but it was something along the lines of closing and re-opening the environment. The problem seemed as if the whole IDE broke for no apparent reason. (I figured having the IDE open for an extended period of time was part of the cause.)
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
Flame Guardian wrote:

You would un-tick that option for faster compile time. Other than that, I don't know what "CPU issues" you refer to.

His issue likely has to do with something else.

I guess less so cpu issues and more so longer compile times. I know for certain that if you don't directly input file paths that things will take noticeably longer to compile in larger projects.

I wouldn't be surprised if that also effected CPU though.
In response to Flame Guardian
Setting file_dir didnt't work, I tried that first and ended up with tons of errors. Also, I'm not sure this would affect cpu in any way. Heres what fixed my problem though:
I first restarted my pc, opened my environment, copied the contents of the backup icon I had, pasted into a new dmi and it worked. The problem was that I tried to compile after editing an icon while daemon was running the same game I was working on.