ID:2187257

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
So I have A TON of variables defined under mob/human/player. I want to add some intelligent npcs. The problem is strength and defense are defined under mob/human/player but I need to define these under npcs as well. I only need about four variables which are defined under mob/human/player for npcs to work. Any advice on how I can define only whats needed under npcs.
Best response
If it's something that's shared across multiple children you'd want to define it in a common parent.

mob/human
var
strength = 10
defense = 10

player
strength = 5
defense = 15

npc
strength = 15
defense = 5
In response to Nadrew
But currently there are hundreds of things defined under mob that I don't need for npcs.
Put player at the top of the definition with proper indentation. You can indent hundreds of lines at once by selecting them with click+drag and hitting tab.
Then don't make those things shared, just because they share a common parent doesn't mean they have to share all of their variables.

mob/human
var
strength = 10
defense = 10

player
strength = 15
defense = 5
var/this_belongs_to_only_players = 1

npc
strength = 5
defense = 15
var/this_belongs_to_only_npcs = 1

In this example only things under /mob/human/player will have the this_belongs_to_only_players variable, and conversely, only things under /mob/human/npc will have the this_belongs_to_only_npcs.
In response to Nadrew
So basically for the hundred or so variables defined under mob I have to go back and define them under something else. That's a lot of variables :/
Or you could copy/paste like a normal person.
In response to Nadrew
they're spread all over. some of em. tons of procs depend on those variables being defined under mob also.
Part of programming is revision, if you want things done sometimes you have to put in a little leg work.