ID:2190008

Is it just me, or does 2016 just suck all around?

I mean, let's look at the facts.

Ter13's cat died

I'm actually about to leave for a road trip to go see my family for the first time since that happened.

I'm having a LOT of anxiety about the trip because we're leaving our cats with a friend and what happened last year has actually really traumatized the shit out of me.

We're leaving them both with the lady that gave us the cages we used to trap all those ferals while we were hunting for Lyra all those weeks.

I don't think I'll be in a very good place mentally if I lose another cat while I'm on vacation.

Also, I'm still deeply, deeply disappointed in the fact that Galactic Soldier (Shatan) sent me videos of cats being mutilated and laughed about the fact that my cat had died. Was probably the least human thing I've ever seen someone on BYOND do.
Nope; I'm still here so 2016 has been nothing less than kind. This year has shown much growth and I foresee a great 2017.
Galactic Soldier (Shatan) sent me videos of cats being mutilated and laughed about the fact that my cat had died.

wow. that's pretty shitty.
In response to Ter13
THAT'S NOT HOW YOU RESPOND TO THE DEATH OF AN IMPORTANT PERSON, TRUMP.

One thing is for sure, the Trump Administration's diplomatic actions are going to be a wild, wild ride.
My Grandma died, so that sucked... :(
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
One thing is for sure, the Trump Administration's diplomatic actions are going to be a wild, wild ride.

As long as we get our wallfence, I'm happy.

A bigly wallfence.
A few of the items on that list are only awful as a matter of opinion, with much disagreement. Castro's death was in no way bad, except it came 40-50 years late and not in a gallows. Mourning Castro isn't that far off from mourning Stalin.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Mourning Castro isn't that far off from mourning Stalin.

RIP in peace, gentle giant of the revolutionary world. May your bread lines be short, and your subsidies be great.
warriors blew a 3-1 lead
The saddest moment this year was Hillary's health issues. I was deeply concerned for her well-being when she couldn't get a pickle jar open without Jimmy pre-opening it for her.

I mean, who did they think they were fooling? Did they think we wouldn't notice there was no "pop"? Next time you try and deceive the American people with pickle jars, you might wanna make sure they actually pop, because without the pop, we'll know someone pre-popped it as soon the person goes to pop it and it doesn't pop.
My mother passed away late February this year. Beginning of the year for me was lousy. I still think about it, but have still made progress nonetheless. Overall in my case, it's been a good year (except for the beginning like I stated).

Made a lot of progress on my virtual machine along with being able to dish out a GIAD entry this year (first one ever).

@Ter13: I know that feeling about losing a pet. We lost our border collie over 7 years ago (either age or mysterious health issues). She was nearly 10 years old, though did have some problems (like hip dysplasia, a genetic condition that happens to some breeds more often).
My dog had to get put down just 3 days ago.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
A few of the items on that list are only awful as a matter of opinion, with much disagreement. Castro's death was in no way bad, except it came 40-50 years late and not in a gallows. Mourning Castro isn't that far off from mourning Stalin.

..actually that parts ok.

I thought you realized that was a sarcastic joke?
In response to IchiroKeisuke
Ah, actually missed that last line there. The big Twitter image broke the whole thing up and when I read this on my iPad I didn't see it.
TIL Lummox browses BYOND on his iPad.
The real reason that HTML5 is being pushed so hard. We're on to you Lummox!
Just remembered another sad moment: when they didn't put respeck on my boi Birdman's name.