ID:2197669

Not a bug
BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 55.0.2883.87
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary: If an opaque atom surrounds a movable, whose icon is larger than its bounds, then you can still see the movable despite it being surrounded by opaque atoms.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Place an opaque atom above a movable whose icon is larger than its bound box. you can see the icon of the movable completely despite it being behind the opaque atom

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: Unable to see the movable

Actual Results:You can see the entire icon of the movable

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?every
In other games?yes
In other user accounts?yes
On other computers?yes

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
yes. ever since the big icon fix
Workarounds:

I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but it would make sense, for movables, if it wasn't
aah yeah.. I hope it's a bug, because it's awful to see this
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
This is intentional. An object will attempt to appear if any tile it's on is visible. You can change this with TILE_BOUND.
whoops. Will i see any performance changes/issues if i just add TILE_BOUND to all my mobs
The thing to watch out for is that TILE_BOUND means that if a mob's "home" tile is covered by opacity, it will disappear completely. So you may or may not want it on every mob.
You can also use a SEE_PIXELS or SEE_BLACKNESS sight flag and move your game objects to lower than plane 0 so the blackness overrides them.
thanks, I think i should be fine with just tile_bound though