ID:2202794

Friends, watch out for parking lot potholes in the dark, even if you think that tiny 4-inch hole can't hurt you. To make a long story short, this weekend I'll be nursing an ankle that turned very badly and hoping by Monday it won't give out at random when I stand on it.

Build 511.1369 was released yesterday, bringing a few bug fixes, especially for gamepad stuff, and possibly a few new issues with it. I'm investigating those but hopefully these last-minute fiddly bits will be behind us soon.

Some SS13 users asked for a way to upscale maps with distortion instead of via the improved shader, so I delivered on that this week with the new zoom-mode parameter. I still say you gotta be crazy to prefer the occasional duplicated/dropped line of pixels over quality upscaling, but hey; it's what they wanted.

Snow should return any day now, so get some game ideas together, get cozy, and get cracking on that next great game. Gamepad support has really improved BYOND's potential, and now's also the time to figure out what 512 needs--I'm hoping to get to that very soon now.

Have a great wekend, and keep an eye out for predatory potholes!
Have a great wekend

For 512, something being done about intrusive ads would be appreciated. Solution in your words:
Lummox JR said:
The plans I have in the words for ad-free loads allow for a fixed number of ads, or a timed period. And that can be done for an entire hub entry or just for a specific server. I'd like to get back to work on that fairly soon and do some trial runs with the SS13 people to see what numbers I get.

Surely you would have steady money coming from me and others who don't want to lose new players to ads that cannot be muted.
Hope you get to feeling better, seems like every post somethin happens o-o
I know that feel bro. Was playing basketball a few days ago and slightly jacked up my ankle. I suck at shooting so I tend to do a lot of driving to the basket/laying up and came down the wrong way on my left ankle and had to limp off the court.

So in addition to being weary of holes, be careful when you're outside playing with balls as well.
In response to FKI
Ads that cannot be muted. Why I've not run any game servers in 2 years. The only people you can attract are those who are already within the BYOND community. People will close your game immediately when they see a gay ass ad they have sit through.
Allow Zecronious to opt out of ads. He will not be running any game servers until this simple feature is added.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I know that feel bro. Twas playing basketball a few days ago and slightly jacked up my ankle. I suck at shooting so I tend to do a lot of driving to the basket/laying up and came down the wrong way on my left ankle and had to limp off the court.

So in addition to being weary of holes, be careful when you're outside playing with balls as well.

Basketball is dangerous man. I've been missing one of my front teeth since I was like 16 because somebody wasn't paying attention and elbowed me in the mouth during a pivot.
In response to Zecronious
What kind of server are you running that you're getting ads for gay asses?
What kind of server are you running that you're getting ads for gay asses?

The ads you get served are based on your search history and scans of your e-mails.

Obviously, searching for brokeback mountain cosplays and roleplay groups on google is a bad idea if you want to run a server... Or a great idea if you are into chocolate pudding and sexual exploration.
Crazah is making a game called Brokeback Basilisks. We discussed it on the Discord.
Less time on your feet means more time at the desk, amirite?
In response to Ter13
The simple fact is that there are plenty of game makers available and this seems to be the only one which forces players to watch advertisements.

It's in no way a standard thing to do and has been a major crippling factor to BYOND since it was first incepted.
Zecronious wrote:
It's in no way a standard thing to do and has been a major crippling factor to BYOND since it was first incepted.

Since it was first ingested? Since it first graduated with an academic degree?
In response to Hiead
"incepted"

Can you read English?
since it was first molested?
Ok guys quit trolling and derailing this thread, it's not funny anymore. He has a point: this is basically Inception - the only difference is instead of a dream being inside another dream, the gay ass ads depict a guy inside of another guy. This is a completely valid statement and I don't see why it deserves to be dismissed by you trollers. All you guys do is troll troll troll and I'm frickin' pissed off at it.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Ok guys quit trolling and derailing this thread, it's not funny anymore. He has a point: this is basically Inception - the only difference is instead of a dream being inside another dream, the gay ass ads depict a guy inside of another guy. This is a completely valid statement and I don't see why it deserves to be dismissed by you trollers. All you guys do is troll troll troll and I'm frickin' pissed off at it.

LOL
Zecronious wrote:
"incepted"

Can you read English?

Sure can.
Merriam-Webster: incepted
Dictionary.com: incepted

If you're British, it might also mean graduation with an academic degree (presumably Cambridge, I suppose).

"Inception" is a noun, the verb-form of which is not "incepted." It kind of was at one point, but you're literally talking about the 1500s, and not for the past few centuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0x6vIAtFcI
=(
Glad to see professionalism on BYOND is still alive and well.
Page: 1 2