ID:2207908

BYOND Version:511.1370
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 55.0.2883.87
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
The usual way to make the mouse cursor invisible:
1. Create an icon of any size.
2. Create an icon state, leave it blank.
3. Set client.mouse_pointer_icon to that icon.
client/mouse_pointer_icon = 'cursor.dmi'

Bug: instead of the mouse being completely invisible, the mouse is a solid, non-transparent rectangle with the same color as the mask in the editor.

Since: I have a feeling this bug has been around since the change to support larger cursor icons.

Workaround: Add to the icon at least a single non-mask pixel with Alpha > 0. It doesn't matter where. For example, alpha = 1 is pretty invisible already.
I'll look into this at some point, but I suspect this is an intentional thing in Windows.
Indeed, it appears to be a preventative measure to keep people from accidentally vanishing their cursor when using custom cursors system-wide. Same thing happens if you set your default cursor to a blank image.
I guess it would be worth implementing a special constant for mouse pointer icons for "no cursor", or something?
I imagine Lummox could do a little internal check to see if the cursor icon is empty, then drop an almost-invisible pixel into it to trick Windows.
Or just using ShowCursor(0) (alternatively while(ShowCursor(0)>=0)) if the cursor is set to "hidden"