ID:22115

You know what guys? There's a solution to the new problem arising with the concern of the ranking system and the take over of rips - such as "Naruto Birth of the Legendary Shinobi".

Make your own original version of Naruto. I'll tell you guys something - if anyone at all could teach me to code, I would make a purely original 100% RPG Naruto game with the proper rules that would make Naruto just as great as what attracted everyone into it.

Obviously, no one will bother to believe me until I make it. You guys can wait another 2 years before I actually decide to learn to code and attempt it once again but honestly, if anyone of you would teach me how to code completely (and properly, checking on my errors etc...) I would bring to you a Naruto game that offers simplicity, and an experience like Naruto itself.

But hell, no one's that kind. Just remember guys - that's all it takes. One of you to make your own successful Naruto game that'll be in the best interest of everyone and draw attention away from all the rips.
Naruto-Ninja Academy is orignal created go take a look
No its not, stop saying that. Its clearly zeta45 edited.
It sounds like you're suggesting total opposites, here. On the one hand, you want people to stop complaining and actually take it upon themselves to do something about a problem. On the other hand, you're basically excluding yourself from the picture by saying "I'd do it myself but no one will baby me and repeat what the tutorials say."

If you want it done, do it yourself. Most of the comptetent coders on BYOND despise Naruto and Dragonball not only for its rips, but for the type of player it attracts, so you're not appealing to many with your plea. If you want to do it yourself, then do it yourself. All you have to do is sit down and start reading the generous amount of documentation available for DM.

Read the guides, and if you have any questions, post them on the Coding Problems forum or go somewhere like wiz_chat and ask someone, like everyone else who writes a game on BYOND. Don't promote self-sufficiency and then claim you can't achieve it yourself.

There's a good chance that even if it's an original Naruto game, though, it's still going to be an inexorable source of grief and fail. But those are my own personal views on the fandom - it's possible to take a bad license and make it into a good game... just not probable.
XzDoG wrote:
No its not, stop saying that. Its clearly zeta45 edited.

Zeta 47 ;)
i dont play zetas so no clue
and i just found out zeta is a dbz game how can a dbz game relate to naruto....
The Unknown Ninja From Hell wrote:

Alot of Naruto concepts came from DBZ. Thus anyone could edit a Zeta into a Naruto game... =/
The Unknown Ninja From Hell wrote:

I imagine you just rename the special attacks and change the icons and you have a pretty accurate representation.
Evre wrote:
I imagine you just rename the special attacks and change the icons and you have a pretty accurate representation.

Bingo.

Evre wrote:
Read the guides, and if you have any >questions, post them on the Coding >Problems forum or go somewhere like >wiz_chat and ask someone, like >everyone else who writes a game on >BYOND. Don't promote self-sufficiency >and then claim you can't achieve it >yourself.

When I first began programming in BYOND we used the newbie forum! None of this intrudin' on folks' chatting for our poorly presented questions expecting our questions to be answered as if it were our right!

Now get the hell off my lawn!
zetas gay and you cant pull it off with a source code crappy as that
Original coding? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That hasn't existed on BYOND for 47 years!
I'm happy that someone is suggesting an alternative to complaining, but great, well made, 'original' DragonballZ games never stopped the waves of Zeta rips, so it's extremely unlikely that a high quality Naruto game will do anything to stop the rips.
People who play rips (generally) like the pre-teen moderation style that's usually employed. The I'm the boss and my friends get what they want style is very popular with the majority of the anime fans on BYOND. When someone puts effort into creating their game they usually don't let people do what ever they want while playing.
no fan game can ever be original though creating a non-ripped fane game is much more impressive than stealing another. but when there has been so many of one variety of fan game (take dbz for example) its hard to come up with original ideas that havn't been used before. the only thing one could do is try to build upon other's ideas and make them better.