ID:2216674

Hi, is pixel movement viable on server populations of 100+

Will it be extremely choppy because of the TCP connection? There is no 'sync'.
Everything is choppy whenever there are 100+ players, the best way to find out is to try it by making lots of mobs and changing the fps.
Hi, is pixel movement viable on server populations of 100+

I've only seen one game with even 50+ players using pixel movement and that had terrible performance due to poor programming. It's honestly hard to say at this point with there being no decent test case.

Everything is choppy whenever there are 100+ players, the best way to find out is to try it by making lots of mobs and changing the fps.

This is inaccurate. NPCs and players attached to clients aren't the same thing.
In response to FKI

This is inaccurate. NPCs and players attached to clients aren't the same thing.

Its the best option he has unless he wants to beg 100+ people to join his server. (This is where we feature request mock clients)
O<O make 100 Keys and log into the game with each key and use a macro recorder that you can set to each individual screen and have to auto move your character all over.

note: you'll have 100 keys and 100 dream seekers up and prob get in trouble for making 100 keys xD so don't do this.

But it is a way to do it. but seriously don't xD
In response to DistantWorld101
Also make sure to use 100 different computers all over the world.
Yes its possible, but it depends how cheap and simple you keep your move code. If a mob or turf or etc is making a lot of checks or calculations every time someone moves then pixel movement quickly goes out the window.
I had 120 players using pixel movement,microlayering,default walk to inside my ai

I had no server lag but some players experienced client side lag. That being said it was an alpha and I had done almost no debugging or optimizing at the time
In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:
I had 120 players using pixel movement,microlayering,default walk to inside my ai

I had no server lag but some players experienced client side lag. That being said it was an alpha and I had done almost no debugging or optimizing at the time

Sir Brags-a-lot over here :)
In response to Dragonpearl123
Dragonpearl123 wrote:

Mope.io
Smoothmovement
300+players