When joining a game through link(), the hub won't be updated to reflect the change in the player list.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Create a world on hub entry A (I've only tested with worlds running on different hub entries)
2) Create a second world on hub entry B
3) Use link() within world A to join world B
4) World B won't update its player count/online list.
5) World A properly updates its information.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
src << link("byond://[world_address]")
The destination world to have its player list/count updated to reflect incoming clients.
The hub is only notified of an update when someone joins the world directly, which will cause everything to become correct again.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? I can't be sure of the consistency as testing anything with the hub is tedious due to caching and slow updates.
In other games? Yes.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Yes.
When does the problem NOT occur?
When joining a world directly from its hub entry or IP:port.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Unable to test older than 510.
Don't use link().