ID:2219353

BYOND Version:511.1375
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 51.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Pretty much, when I use an 'area', and give it a large sprite, it doesn't properly render on the map. At certain areas, when my mob is within the view point of the source's actual location.

For example, a ten-tiled sprite could be located at the x-coordinate of 1, and stretch all the way to 11. Regardless of the imagery, the atom would still be at one, so if I moved, it'd make the entire sprite blank.

Haven't tested, but this seems to only be the case for area atoms.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
- Three Steps

* Create an 'area' atom, and grant it a large sprite file (my sprite 544 x 416).

* Load up a map, and place the area at any particular coordinate point,

* Run the game and move to the area. Once the source's location is out of range, despite the sprite previously covering a large radius, it will suddenly vanish.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
The ability to see the sprite, so long as my character was within range of the image's dimensions.
Actual Results:
When I moved far enough, the sprite suddenly vanished.

Does the problem occur:
It occurs everytime without fail. But only has been tested with the atom variable.

This was tested on both the latest stable version, as well as the current beta.
The code that handles big icons and tries to keep them in range really doesn't apply to areas. I kind of view this as more of a feature request, but it doesn't seem CPU-effective to handle areas in this way.
Should I feature it request it then? (or no, cause of CPU issues?)