ID:2219901

Seriously, it's like the most useful QA website for IT people, but FUCK if the userbase is literally not the most entitled pieces of shit to have ever donned their retard helmets. Holy shit.

You can't even ask a question without having half a million rep points otherwise you get permabanned for "asking bad questions" by the troll parade of morons who somehow got administrator rights simply because they got a lot of points before SO was relevant...

Jesus Christ.
What's this? New competition within the toxic realm? This shall not stand. We must prove to them what it truly means to be bestowed upon our retard helms.
give us an example of what ur talking about, i need a good laugh

[edit] wait nvm, you said permabanned, i thought you meant theres shitposting going on
No, it's literally just this circle-jerk community of "if you have less than 10k rep, sit down, shut up and don't even think about asking or answering any questions or else."

Like. It's not just unhelpful, it's downright violent with how these people treat new users.

Literally asked a question, had a guy downvote and post some snarky comment without ever once even reading my question and then proceeded to look through my account and downvote literally EVERY answer and question I had ever posted on StackOverflow.

The way these people treat you, you would think you murdered their families or something. I have LITERALLY gotten a more warm welcome from the parasites on 4Chan than from any "professional" on StackOverflow.
Damn.

it's literally just

Literally asked

literally EVERY answer

I have LITERALLY

You like that word even more than I do.

But no, I will make an account later and see how long I can amuse myself before I'm shunned and exiled.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Damn.

it's literally just

Literally asked

literally EVERY answer

I have LITERALLY

You like that word even more than I do.

But no, I will make an account later and see how long I can amuse myself before I'm shunned and exiled.

To be fair, all of that was the unironic use of the word "literally". I didn't just use the word in place of "figuratively" like most girls do. Lol.
Ok just got back and made an account.

I made it really obvious so I should get b& rather quickly unless they are batshit stupid. Anyway, here goes nothing.
so far so good, i got +5 reputation for this question http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42566361/ gif-cant-show-on-site

im basically asking them how to get this gif to work on my website

If you think SO is bad, try getting involved in wikipedia article authoring. I've written five articles. HOLY SHIT are the wikipedia contributors pure unadulterated cancer.

In cancer terms, BYOND's inoperable brain and wikipedia is weapons grade uranium injected directly in or around the urethra.
That sounds like Reddit when you try to post a conflicting opinion.

Them: "X is bad!"

Me: "X isn't all that bad, it's just that.... (explains with supporting evidence)"

Them: "Downvoted/go fuck yourself/etc/(looks through popst history and downvote spams)"

When anonymity is possible, people will do the worst things.
To be fair tho, when I was in high school all you ever heard teachers say was "don't use Wikipedia, anyone can edit it". The computers at my school weren't even allowed to edit Wikipedia, when you tried it said something about we were banned from making changes iirc. I'm guessing because of their reputation of being an unreliable source of information due to the fact that people just go there to write stupid shit sometimes, they've become anal over the years and are no longer giving people the benefit of the doubt. Their default is probably to assume each new contributor is a moron that needs to be thoroughly vetted and proven not to be a troll before they are trusted in any capacity.
I feel bad for whoever that poor guy in the pic actually is...
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
I feel bad for whoever that poor guy in the pic actually is...

He's some random guy I found who lives in another country. I switched both his first and last name around ( his middle and last name is purely a joke, S. Nachbar = snackbar ) and trying to do a Google Image search on his face to figure out who he is doesn't work either ( this is all you get, which isn't even remotely helpful ), so he's good to go.

They'd have no luck looking up where he works either, because that company name translates to "Hump Goats Industries".

Also, those guys were pretty patient with me. They've pushed my question to "off topic" but no one like, scolded me for my terrible English or told me to get out with my stupid question.

Verdict: StackOverflow is peaceful and tolerant.
So your conclusion is that Stack Overflow is a website of peace?

Thanks Obama.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
OBAMA IS NO LONGER YOUR PRESIDENT.

HE'S THE PRESIDENT OF FRANCE NOW.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-03/ campaigners-urging-obama-to-run-for-french-president

He already looks like an older Stromae, so that's a plus.