ID:2220247

Today we had a blizzard, and 20 minutes later the sun was out again and all the snow had disappeared as if it never happened. The month of March is always about nature giving us the middle finger, but this is surreal even for here.

Build 511.1376 is out today with some important fixes--mainly for clients. I royally screwed something up in the 511.1375 release with PIXEL_SCALE, which was that the constant was actually defined wrong in stddef.dm. Oops! Lesson learned (for now): Next time test on actual code in Dream Maker instead of playing with the flags by number in my Dream Seeker test project.

Gamepad stuff needed some more work because of a bug that was duplicating controller configs in joysticks.txt. That has been fixed, and thanks to help from Ter13 the list of controllers handled by default has expanded.

We're getting close to the 511 stable release, finally. There is one thing still bothering me, though, which is that Nadrew reported to me that with certain projects, using WASD to move causes a major stutter but the arrows do not. That's something I really want to puzzle out, so I'm waiting for a test case on that.

In a recent release I added another file to the DirectX redistributable, and that's because I found out I really should have been including it all along. Hopefully this will fix the woes of users who've had trouble joining certain servers--usually SS13 servers--until they installed DirectX fully.

Site foo is still coming and high on my list. I was also thinking it's high time the file manager used by Members got a face lift, because let's face it: that interface is outdated and hard to work with. I think I should redo it with some cues from email and blog services where you can just do a bunch of bulk actions. Also I'd really like to start using SVG icons on more parts of the site, since support for them is everywhere now.

Big thanks again to everyone who helped support BYOND last month, especially you guys on the SS13 Subreddit who did your part.

Next weekend we set the clocks forward here in the US, so get your extra sleepless nights in this weekend by playing lots of games and getting in some extra work on your own. While you're working on those games, if you get an idea for a new feature don't forget 512 is on the way and the time to request those is now.
There is one thing still bothering me, though, which is that Nadrew reported to me that with certain projects, using WASD to move causes a major stutter but the arrows do not. That's something I really want to puzzle out, so I'm waiting for a test case on that.

Didn't i report something like that when I was testing client.fps in the early days of 511?
When can we get an ETA on a proper login API?
two cheers for lummox
Hey if you're playing with the file manager, any chance of id:1846058
i can't wrap my head around this weather either. january and february were both comfortable, could go outside, play basketball, bbq, w/e.

i went outside to walk a mile this morning and needed a jacket because it was cold. i don't understand. how is march colder than jan and feb?
It was 80 degrees here on Christmas Day, and yesterday I had frost on the ground and ice on my windshield.
In response to Flick
It went as low as 30 degrees here on GA last night. It's March!
...it's called climate change. lol
*lol intensifies*
Beautiful one day then hurricane like behavior the next o_o