ID:2222504

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Code:

Problem description:

So we've been creating a game for quite some time now and its been smooth but then one day i ran the game on my girlfriend's pc and it had a white background rather than a black one on the map of the game. Now i restored my laptop and I am having the same issue. Any one have an idea what the problem could be?

Also Dream Seeker shuts down after a bit f time whenever running the game? Any diagnosis for that as well?
Best response
The background color of the map control can be changed in the skin editor.
Yes, and I'm aware. It's currently set to black and im still getting a white background.
It could be a graphics problem. If you reinstall BYOND it should update DirectX properly to make that go away.

Regarding DS shutting down, we'd need a lot more info on that. If it's crashing, then crash details from the Windows event viewer are very important.
Ok thank you, I will try reinstalling BYOND. & I will also get right on that.
I didn't even reinstall BYOND. I turned of the loop_check and now its back to normal. But i noticed im getting double of some things i put in grids for the character creation.
Are you clearing your grid correctly?
 client/var
list
Previews = list()

client
proc
Display_Previews()
var/obj/Creation/Previews/Hairs/Hair_1/H1 = new/obj/Creation/Previews/Hairs/Hair_1
var/obj/Creation/Previews/Hairs/Hair_2/H2 = new/obj/Creation/Previews/Hairs/Hair_2
var/obj/Creation/Previews/Shirts/Shirt_1/S1 = new/obj/Creation/Previews/Shirts/Shirt_1
var/obj/Creation/Previews/Base/Base_1/B1 = new/obj/Creation/Previews/Base/Base_1
var/obj/Creation/Previews/Base/Base_2/B2 = new/obj/Creation/Previews/Base/Base_2
var/obj/Creation/Previews/Base/Base_3/B3 = new/obj/Creation/Previews/Base/Base_3
Previews += H1; Previews += H2
Previews += S1
Previews += B1;Previews += B2;Previews += B3

var/items = 0

for(var/obj/Creation/Previews/Hairs/A in Previews)
//if(A.stackable) A.name = "[A.name]([A.amount])"
winset(src, "HairGrid", "current-cell=[++items]")
src << output(A, "HairGrid")
winset(src, "HairGrid", "current-cell=[items]")
Base()
Shirts()
return

I also noticed, the loop checks has effected certain procedures. For example my AI(). So does that mean i would have to set........set background = 1? Or whats the more efficient way to run loops for things like AI

Even my jumping systems been affected.
Your AI and jumping systems are not properly defined if loop_checks is freaking out over them.

This is not the correct way to fill your grid:

winset(src, "HairGrid", "current-cell=[++items]")
src << output(A, "HairGrid")
winset(src, "HairGrid", "current-cell=[items]")

That last winset is only changing the current cell, not trimming off excess cells.

The winset in the loop is unnecessary, because you can set the cell in output():

src << output(A, "HairGrid:[++items]")
winset(src, "HairGrid", "cells=[items]")
Great. & I will make a test project including the jumping and AI and see what you think.