ID:2225747

Happy St. Patty's Day, everyone! I sure hope you like Irish and Celtic music, because they play an awful lot of it on the radio today. And what a week it's been for the east coast. My own roof saw more than two feet of snow in a couple of days, but we call that "March".

You may have noticed there's been no release this week. There's a reason for that: I'm still waiting on test cases or at least some pinning-down of the version for a couple of big issues. In one report, statpanels are slowing down the client after a while, but I can't get reliable information on it. In another report from several people, arrow keys are being interpreted incorrectly in some projects, causing things like scrolling through command history even when not holding down Ctrl. I consider these issues really important, but it's vital I be able to reproduce them or find the code responsible. (The key thing I'll actually need a test case for no matter what.) Needless to say this is kind of irksome, so software development has stalled while I wait for those pieces to come together.

In the meantime I've been spinning up on web development, to get to some promised items there. One of the first things I'm starting with is a revamp to the file manager interface, because the old one kind of bugs me and it's also a very good place to get back into it. The spin-up is always a slowgoing affair, but the code is moving along. Also for site development, I'm going to be coordinating with some users about the forum.

So yes, it's a pretty slow week for news here, but things are still going on behind the scenes. While you're celebrating the holiday tonight, don't forget to toss a few coins into the jar where you're saving up for a BYOND Membership or donation, because this is a special holiday for BYOND. And for the 99% of you who aren't of legal drinking age, hey, it's not like you need green beer money yet.
Lummox JR wrote:
In the meantime I've been spinning up on web development, to get to some promised items there. [...]

So...not even an attempt at http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2192383 this release cycle, along with ignoring the request for update? =(
Love you Lummox!
In response to Audeuro
Actually that is on my list; TBH I keep forgetting about it because I've been distracted by other stuff, but I'll look into it.

I think the best way to solve this is likely to be with a global flag that can be checked at some point in the background proc handling loop.
Lummox JR wrote:
In the meantime I've been spinning up on web development, to get to some promised items there. One of the first things I'm starting with is a revamp to the file manager interface, because the old one kind of bugs me and it's also a very good place to get back into it. The spin-up is always a slowgoing affair, but the code is moving along. Also for site development, I'm going to be coordinating with some users about the forum.

Can't wait to make search great again : - )
Can't wait for login API.
Can't wait it's not butter.
In response to Monster860
Monster860 wrote:
Can't wait for login API.

Pretty sure he said he doesn't have any plans to work on that in the foreseeable future.
Dragon Universe input control scrolls through command history when you press the arrow keys too. Very annoying. Didn't happen in 510
In response to Kawkawawka
Kawkawawka wrote:
Dragon Universe input control scrolls through command history when you press the arrow keys too. Very annoying. Didn't happen in 510

That's one of the issues I've been looking into. I think I have a fix for it at last.