ID:2232579

A friend of mine hosted one of the projects I'm working on, I was able to connect and download the game without any issues and could load it up fine although we were both ended up in separate instances.

So yeah we had a No Man's Sky effect, we were at the same place and could not see one another. I was also visible under my friend's dream daemon player tab. It's definitely not an issue of not seeing one another as we changed the world around us and could not see what one another were doing. The theory I have is that I am downloading the project and playing it BUT I'm somehow running an offline version.

Does anyone know if there is a feature to make you download a hosted game but run it offline or have any other idea on how to fix this issue?

There's nothing that would cause this, most likely you didn't join the game properly.
Thanks for the timely response. That's great to hear, haha. I gained my theory from thinking I read something similar in a previous post.

I joined the game by pressing open location and then typing in byond://hisip:hisport. Should I just have opened the link via browser or something? I thought I connected to games like that before.
That should have done it, I have to wonder if you accidentally closed the hosted copy and opened your personal copy or something along those lines, because I've never heard of anything like that happening without it being user error.
Good to hear. But yeah I connected multiple times, never launching my own personal copy. And if I left and rejoined his byond://whatever:yup and he didn't drop the server, I could notice that changes I made in the world were still intact.

It was like I was joining my own separate server by joining him. I dunno. I'll do some fiddling troubleshooting later today and see if it was an error on my part... ..Another thing to consider is that I was online in his dream dAemon tab and we still couldn't interact/see one another or see the world hanging around us if the other player was doing world changing events.

Anywho, I'll post an update to see if this happens again later. If anyone thinks of anything else, let me know; cheers