ID:2244242

(See the best response by FKI.)
So, here's the story. I've spent about a week trying to get a pixel movement system working, to no success. It either looks super wonky or ugly, or it doesn't do what I want it do. Very simply put, I'm trying to get a flexible pixel movement system that would be able to have slows (from enemy techniques for example) and different movement ranks (for people who level up their agility stat). Would anyone have a super simple pixel movement system they wouldn't mind me using? Sorry if this is the wrong section for this post. Also sorry for askin, I can't get it to work on my own
Best response
All you need to do is modify step_size for movement slow effects and the like. Do not use sleep() for this, if you don't already know.

Also, for more control over move speed, you could download Kaiochao's Absolute Positioning library to allow sub-pixel movement, no longer restricting move speed to whole numbers.

I think this topic would get more attention if you presented a a clear problem, preferably with accompanying code. What you are asking for is unrealistic because there is no "simple pixel movement system" -- the built-in implementation is as simple as it gets and is what we all use.