Shinobi Online

by Kidpaddle45
Shinobi Online
The game you've been waiting for ...
ID:2247458

Hey there! Back with another devlooooooog!!~
This time the work was mostly towards UI/ease of access; But the most important addition was the

-learning system, which allows players to read from scroll and learn skills. Basically in Shinobi Online, players can learn techniques from scrolls. They won't be able to use them right away tho. They will need to execute the right handseals to execute that skill. Handseals are completed by using the QWERTY keys and tapping BACKSPACE to execute the skill. After using that skill a set amount of time, they learn that skill, and it turns into a Skillcard which they can then use as any regular skill (Either by clicking it or by assigning it to a macro)

-Skills Upgrading is now in! You can right click a skill in your learned skills tab and it will show you all the available upgrades that you can buy with PP (Passive points)!

-Food have been added to the game. (They currently only restore HP) - Will expand on this later on with different other types like stat boosts, stamina regen, etc...

-Shops now asks the player for the amount of X item they want to buy. That input appears right under the shop window. #TeamAesthetics

-Expanded over the notification/achievement system and added 3 types of notifications.

If you haven't already! JOIN OUR DISCORD CHANNEL! You're missing on a lot!
https://discord.gg/hXffqSY
Nice presentation. But that sounds awful for skill learning.
It was a community idea. We discussed how learning should be made and at first skills were all executed this way. We decided in the end that only the process of learning the skills should be like that. It makes it more realistic as a beginner shouldnt be able to execute easily a new skill right away. The number of handseals required and the number of uses needed to master the skill will vary based on the skill and how strong it is.

Its still a new concept and needs testing but im confident its a lot easier than it sounds! :)
Very nice and pretty work Kid, just continue as good as you doing!

(xParrovic from discord lel)
In response to Kidpaddle45
Naruto: Evolution had a system like this. After a while everyone hated it. It becomes a mind-numbing, grindy chore.

I'd have it so that skills can be leveled up, but not through use. Something like skill points that you can add to each skill that changes small things about each skill for each point. For example, a level 1 fireball can be fairly small and do a little damage. Level 2 can increase the damage and apply a small burn. Level 3 could make the fireball larger, apply a slightly bigger burn, and explode on contact, dealing AOE damage. This, in my opinion, is much more interesting of a progression system for skills as you're not forced to grind anything out, and there are milestones to aim for.
do it nff style
skill points are borin
and easy
In response to Reformist
Reformist wrote:
Naruto: Evolution had a system like this. After a while everyone hated it. It becomes a mind-numbing, grindy chore.

I'd have it so that skills can be leveled up, but not through use. Something like skill points that you can add to each skill that changes small things about each skill for each point. For example, a level 1 fireball can be fairly small and do a little damage. Level 2 can increase the damage and apply a small burn. Level 3 could make the fireball larger, apply a slightly bigger burn, and explode on contact, dealing AOE damage. This, in my opinion, is much more interesting of a progression system for skills as you're not forced to grind anything out, and there are milestones to aim for.

Son of mars wrote:
skill points are borin
and easy

I'll be testing the current idea we came up with on the private server and hopefully it turns out as good as I'm planning it. If it ends up being hated by everyone I guess we could go with some other ways but I'm really hoping I can create some new gameplay. BYOND games have been doing the same training methods since they were created. Time to try something new ;)

In response to Son of mars
They may be generic, but they're only as boring as the reward they give for spending them. Personally I'd rather be doing something interesting more often as a result of the "easiness" of spending skill points than spamming out the same key combination 100 times just to unlock a single skill to do something interesting with in the first place. To me it's a no-brainer - direct fun > forced tedium any day.
Not sure if I made it sound as if the players are frozen in place and have to spam keys for awhile in order to train. This is not some meditate verb we see in usual BYOND games.

We're speaking of players being able to jump on roofs, fight using hand to hand combat, running around all while executing these handseals. (+ this is only during the learning process) after that they learn the skills and can use them as any other. (++ they can upgrade their skills with skillpoints to make them stronger as you mentionned previously but this is a seperate feature after the learning process)

Anyways...Again this is only the testing stages yet. We'll see how things go from there. :)