ID:2256570

I made a forum post asking people if they could give me tips on how to get published. I was bashed and harassed so much that a moderator had to lock the thread to make it stop and i didn't argue with them but he also did something i didn't agree with.

Instead of telling me what i might need to do or change to get published he told me a 'Firm no'

This is because on a screenshot i had a player was using a custom icon with a command available to all players.

The game hasn't even been hosted under my hub so it hasn't gotten a fair chance yet and all i'm looking for is a member of byond staff willing to walk me through what i may need to do.

I've mentioned this a few times but i've worked on this game for 3 years. There are no mentions of anything copyrighted and my icons were paid for and sold to me by the original iconner.

I went back and subtracted the ability for players to use custom icons and by no means is this a post asking for publishing but i guess what my question is now.. isn't the object of developing trial and error?? Fixing any problems that are found so that you stand within the guidelines of publishing?

I wasn't told anything that needed to be changed for that matter.
Has anyone ever dealt with problems like this?
You were told at least a few times how to get your game Published, you just ignored it. Go back and read the responses.

I know for a personal fact it's a simple process, as my game got Published in no time at all with only a simple video of gameplay listed on the hub. It's inspired by many anime and popular game titles, but at a glance, one can clearly see it's not stolen and not a fan-game.

I've mentioned this a few times but i've worked on this game for 3 years. There are no mentions of anything copyrighted and my icons were paid for and sold to me by the original iconner.

Lol'd. Not to say you are a liar, but the art used in your game's screenshots are public due to leak(ed) source codes.
I'll have to post some screenshots. I've been remapping from scratch and i think it's given it a positive vibe.

I mean no offense but i'm not ignoring it. I am simply asking if anyone knows anything particularly wrong with the game that i should work on fixing.

This wasn't a post to bash or blame anyone it was just saying that i want to fit within the terms. I'll post more screenshots of the game.

My game isn't stolen. It's a revamp i was given permission to do. It used to be a naruto universe game but that was close to three years ago.

I've never put this much work into something like this. I just want to move forward but i can see that my eagerness to do so is rubbing some people the wrong way.

I apologize.
Also i don't have the game currently hosted so i know that it's impossible for me to be published until i do so.

That's why i remind you that i'm only seeking advise on how to change my game to definitely fit. If there's anything in violation i have to fix it immediately.
Here's what you need to change to get your game published:

Your game.

Seriously, you've admitted that it's based on an old fangame source, that it's heavily inspired in various fan material and other things of that nature.

People put tons of work into fangames, years of work, and then they get out there and instantly get shut down by the copyright holder and all those years of work are meaningless anyways. If you really want your game out there, you're gonna have to actually make a game and not just adapt an existing fangame to try and be original.

You've had an official response from both people in charge of this (Lummox and myself), so there's no reason for further public discussion. Feel free to message me if you have any further questions.